• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crying for no reason

W

Welp

I struggle a lot with living. Since I was small I would have these episodes of not wanting to be around people and pushing the ones I love away. Now, I feel like I have no one left. I am getting older and feel more broken. My broken pieces are impailing me and I feel like I am sufficating. I hate myself but I can't run away from myself. I have a lot of dreams and aspirations but live in so much self doubt. I can't hold in my hurt anymore and smile.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I struggle a lot with living. Since I was small I would have these episodes of not wanting to be around people and pushing the ones I love away. Now, I feel like I have no one left. I am getting older and feel more broken. My broken pieces are impailing me and I feel like I am sufficating. I hate myself but I can't run away from myself. I have a lot of dreams and aspirations but live in so much self doubt. I can't hold in my hurt anymore and smile.
You sound alot like me. Ive managed to push all my family and friends away, and self loathing is a constant. Talking about it here is a good step so well done xx

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Welp. Welcome to the forum. You will find many on here who can relate to your post.

D

Daringdan

Welp,
I too can identify with what you wrote. I'm glad you chose to share and i hope you keep on sharing. Perhaps the more we work through your problems and feelings you can begin to feel differently about yourself.

P

Purpleplum

Are you on medication for your depression?

W

Welp

Are you on medication for your depression?
No, I never seen a therapist before directly and not really interested on taking medication as I don't want to be dependent on it. I am in university and have considered seeing a counselor but I dont' think I have the courage to. Everything just complicated.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Welp and welcome to the forums. If you are in university most often universities provide a counselor or counselors for students that is included in the tuition. So the services are free. I would strongly suggest seeing your school counselor and sharing some of the things you have been feeling with them. It sounds like you have many dreams and aspirations but also have some deep and complicated feelings about yourself also. It would be a shame to see them limit your ability to achieve. Giving therapy a shot might help to ensure that you are able to achieve all that you would like to achieve with nothing holding you back. xo, j

P

Purpleplum

No, I never seen a therapist before directly and not really interested on taking medication as I don't want to be dependent on it. I am in university and have considered seeing a counselor but I dont' think I have the courage to. Everything just complicated.
With the crying for no reason, it sounds like something that's needs medication like an SSRI. Why are you against that? It sounds exactly like major depression which will not go away with just therapy because it's a problem with the serotonin in the brain.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

With the crying for no reason, it sounds like something that's needs medication like an SSRI. Why are you against that? It sounds exactly like major depression which will not go away with just therapy because it's a problem with the serotonin in the brain.
Crying is not a reason to end up on medication. Meds should be a last resort