• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Crown court

C

cally75

Right. Crown Court coming up. Do I take shit loads of my propranolol or what? I am unfit 2 attend I think

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey,
I'm not entirely sure what your situation is.. or whether you're in trouble or giving evidence?
Have you told someone you're not fit to attend?
I wouldn't take too much propranolol, but i'm sure if it helps it won't matter if you take a bit.
Sorry I can't be more helpful, as I said, i'm not entirely sure what's going on for you and so wouldn't want to say something wrong.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had magistrates as the accused recently and I took my propanolol and it wasn't as bad as I thought in my head it would be at all. The worst part was the waiting. I was lucky as a friend insisted on coming with me as she knew my mental state isn't well. I don't know why your going or the severity of the case to judge how bad it'll be or how bad it may not be? Well wishes and good luck :)

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

You should ask your doctor/psychiatrist first before taking extra medication. I have been told by my psychiatrist with my current medication it's possible to take low doses throughout the day to eliviate my anxiety levels but that it's 'not a quick fix' either. Best advice is that if its a witness is to just turn up, if its jury duty you can get a doctors note to get out of it.

L

lovagemuffin

have a bath put on a suit have a shave put on glasses if you have them
just drag your bum there your head will follow. goodluck hope the judge is an angel and full of Buddhist compassion.

C

cally75

Hi all. I'm on trial for "possession of a bladed article in public" situation was I ran out of meds & was trying to give a knife to police. I've history of overdoses. I was on my doorstep but it's classed as a public place. I've been to court once & it was adjourned for medical reports. I was told there won't be any bad consequences ie prison but it's the waiting! Thought it would be sorted by now

keepsafe

keepsafe

Terrible it got to court, I hope it goes ok for you

KS
xxx

C

cally75

KS. I agree. It's just my lawyer trying to make more money I think!!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hope you don't have to wait much longer, it's rough justice. I can understand you being in a state, when we run out of meds and are ill we do some desperate things (well I do).

Take good care
KS
xxx