• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

crisis

R

riverofdragons

wht does crisis team actually do. feel like i having another brekdown. dnt know what to do. appointment in few weeks. mind is slow and cant really talk. scared and alone.

L

Lady Summer Isles

wht does crisis team actually do. feel like i having another brekdown. dnt know what to do. appointment in few weeks. mind is slow and cant really talk. scared and alone.
Hi
Sorry you are so bad at the moment. People have a lot of different experiences with the crisis team. My own one's have not been that positive I'm afraid. Basically they come out to see you at home every day for a while and assess how you are. I found it to be very stressfull having them in my home and different people came out most days. They talk to you and then go outside and discuss you in their car and then come back in again. It probably varies in each area as to what they do. But if you are so low it's worth a try rather than having to be admitted. Hope things improve for you soon.
Hugs
Lady T
:grouphug:

T

Twylight

Im my area there is an ' Out of hours Social worker '

There is probably one in your area ?

You can get the number from a local hospital

R

riverofdragons

Wednesday was a really bad day for me. I managed to sleep through a lot of it, which probably kept me alive. My ability to sleep all night, all the next day (bar 3 hours) and all the next night is astounding.

Thursday was a tiny bit better, until I realised my housemate was about to go away for the weekend. As soon as I was alone, I started to breakdown again. I emailed the mental health team but as it was 16.30 I don't think they got it before they went home for the long weekend.

Today started well with a friend over but they left a few hours ago and I won't be seeing anyone now until tuesday. I am rapidly going downhill.

I have always had someone here to keep me safe and calm me down when in crisis. Never used the crisis team before, always waited for my appointments and suffered in silence. When I am ill I cannont talk, using a phone just is not possible. Apart from the one email I found there are no others...all the crisis info says to ring, but it also says you need to be refered to the service. I can't get a gp appointment until 20th.

I am not sure what to do....I am just about ok right now. Trying to focus on the tv and computer but I don't know how long it will last. I have no medication to calm me down.

Right now I could drive to the hospital but I am not ill enough in my opinion to waste their time. If I loose control as I feel is happening, I cannot drive.
and if i go to hospital now and they want to keep me in then what happens to my cats and the car parked outside the hospital.

I am so confused and don't know how to deal with this. My carer has always sorted everything before....now im alone...

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi, sorry you are not feeling so well at the moment :hug:

Stay online here and keep posting, hopefully others will be around shortly :)

If you feel really unsafe or in danger then phone 999, even if you only go into A & E and speak with the psychatrist on call.

Do you have any nhs walk-in healthcentres in your area that you could go to in the morning? Sorry I can't think of anything else to add.

Please stay safe :hug: