• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Crisis Teams

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Hi, I have been reffered twice to them but wonder what the point is. I phone and there's an answer machine and a message giving me the hours they ara available 7am-10pm and giving me a number to ring if needed.
In a crisis I want someone at the end of the phone when needed (mostly at night) and I wldnt be able to put phone down, find pencil and paper, ring back for message giving me number to ring if I need to.
That make any sense:confused:
mh

megirl

megirl

I live in little wee New Zealand and in a small center yet the crisis team is available 24/7 if they arent available the phone call will go straight to the psych ward or my support worker surely there is something similiar where you live? I hope there is anyway. I know how aweful it can be to feel that desperate. There must be some kind of back up system???

S

scrappysez

If you are in crisis between 9am and 5pm you can go to your local mh clinic and ask to see the duty staff who will see you or go straight to accident and emergency if you are suicidal they should perform a psych assessment there. (How this works practise I don't know) the crisis team in my area work from when regular clinics close until 9am and over the weekend they do visits from about 4pm onwards. I'm sorry I can't be much more help. The mh system in this country is down the tubes.