• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crisis Team

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi,

I was wondering if any members had used the services of the crisis team. I am only asking because after a rather difficult week which ended today in a visit to A & E today (bit of a long story) I am getting some extra support. Someone from the Crisis team in the borough where i live is visiting me tomorrow.

I am a little anxious about the idea of a team coming to my house and speaking to me. I was wondering if any members on here could give me a little information about what they are likely to ask/ talk about etc..

I feel terribly nervous about the idea of them being here, but i hope it will finally put me on a good path. Any information would be grately appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

X

A

antipsionic

Hello Jo,

I've had a very mixed service from the crisis team in my area depending on the member of staff involved. They will probably just want to talk about what brought you to your crisis and how its affecting you at the moment, they will probably also want to make sure things aren't getting any worse and may wish to provide you with some temporary meds.

iffybob

iffybob

Hi

I agree with Antipsychoticpsionic.

Just a heads up, but prob 2 people will turn up at your home, that is just a safety thing for them.

They may also leave, try and sort stuff out and return or call later, I was real bad when I called them and went into crisis care, but I needed that help.

You may not see the same person on differnt days but that is the norm in my area .......

Jo1760

Jo1760

Thank you very much, your advice has helped. i do really appreciate you taking the time out to reply.

X

iffybob

iffybob

To add

oops, they may ask you to see a psychiatrist or psycholgyst, in my area it only a psychiatrist, as part of your assesment, that is prob normal proc if they are uncertain of your condition, and cannot form an assesment on there own ..... dont worry about.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Thank you. I saw a Pdoc briefly today and i am being refered back to the psychiatrist in my local area. Thank you for your advice. It was increadable useful.

X

iffybob

iffybob

No prob

Your welcome ........

The prob with these things , is the worrying about it is the worst part, thats what I normaly do, and once it s over, its not bin so bad........oh hum ..... you'd think I would learn ... but noooo ....:p

boB