• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

crisis team

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

Would anyone be willing to share experiences with the crisis team in your area? Are they good or bad?

nonotme

nonotme

Would anyone be willing to share experiences with the crisis team in your area? Are they good or bad?

hiya, I can't comment directly as I have never spoke with ours but have heard for other people how rubbish some can be, others get great results. all sounds very hit and miss.

are you OK? are you in crisis?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I dont think were allowed to name and shame services as such but I found crisis team completely pointless, the only 'good' thing they did was give me my meds in 4-5 day supply to prevent me oding

katya

katya

I dont think were allowed to name and shame services as such but I found crisis team completely pointless, the only 'good' thing they did was give me my meds in 4-5 day supply to prevent me oding
That's true; we can't name any services specifically.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Why do you want to know Abbierad? What has been your experience?

I found them variable, some brilliant and some I wouldn't give you a thank you for. I found the trained nurses were utterly terrible and most there for career reasons, not because they gave a shit. Mind the same was true in the Psych Unit too. Trained nurses sat in the office saying how busy they were, but never ventured out to talk. They and the Crisis Team wrote notes based on what the care staff said - which is crap.

Mind, the care assistants were much better generally. At night, when most people go into crisis, there was one person manning the phones who seemed obsessed with hot milk and hot baths and telling you they were alone so couldn't do anything, or that I should call the Samaritans - who get you off the phone quickly.

Not good news actually.

SarahD

SarahD

I had a dream about the crisis team last night.

I dreamt I was in a very bad way and my family called the crisis team and they agreed to come to see me. Anyway, they came, there were loads of them on our property (what effing property?) but they were all involved in some leisure activity they had to complete before they saw me.

Never got any help from them, I woke up feeling what a-holes they were. As you can tell, I don't have fond memories of them. I would rather they stay out of everything, including my dreams.

U

UMPALUMPA

I fear crisis team too Sarah, they are about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I think they have their manners and empathy surgically removed before they practice mindgames.

Kerome

Kerome

When I had my major psychotic episode my mother actually had to convince them to come and see me, which took her quite some time. It did make me ask afterwards, what is so 'crisis' about them if it takes a lot of effort to schedule an appointment for three or four days later?

In terms of practical help, they offered a choice of three kinds of medication and ended up saying, if you don't take them we can't help you. There was no visit to a psychiatrist or anything, not much talking or discussion or even providing a reference booklet along the lines of "you're hearing voices, this is what you need to know".

This was from two different crisis teams, at my mothers and at my home. So I don't have a very high opinion of them.