• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

crisis team

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I was involved with the crisis team around 2012. It was a tough year for me. I had a phone number I could call. They were okay, I was eventually put under the care of the home treatment team.

Kerome

Kerome

I'm not sure if they are to be relied upon... My one contact when I was having my psychotic episode was when my mother arranged for them to visit. She had to do this several days in advance. They basically said, "you have to take the medicine or we can't help you", literally, and had some leaflets about three different kinds of antipsychotics. I could choose.

Here in Holland I have a friend who sometimes is contacted by the crisis service, but when she tries to ring them it often takes hours to get someone on the phone.

Last edited:
ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Is crisis team same as home treatment team? I have had home treatment team twice in last 2 years and I think they were very good. Guess it depends to some extent what you need/expect from them

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

Yes home treatment team is the same thing, like you I had a psychotic episode and they came to see me every day but different people each time. I found some of them helpful and some just downright fucking shite lol

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mixed experience, really depends on who comes out, I try to avoid them as much as I can now, they are of limited use.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I do recall that my home treatment team were a bit loose with promises and what they did. At one point I was going to be referred to a hallowed day center - but this did not materialize. They never visited me at home either.

T

Tiddle

I have seen home treatment - never really knew what the point was really yes I had everyday contact but this was as little as 5 minutes sometimes very much 'yes you're still alive bye'

I was seen by a different person nearly every time which was very difficult for me as I don't manage lots of strangers.

I ended up finding it annoying that they we're seeing me daily but didn't seem to offer up much other than get some exercise and have a bath.

When I did try to kill myself under their care I was dropped by them and left with nothing.

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

Omg you were told to have a bath too?!!! I got told to have a bath when i said I was gonna kill myself and I couldn't believe it. Where are u based? One of them came and left within 8 minutes they aren't really bothered about you or that's how it seems

T

Tiddle

Yeah I think that's a pretty standard thing they suggest that and eating, sleeping, cups of tea (whether you like tea or not) and watching a DVD.

Sometimes I feel things have got too bad to be just relying on things I would normal do just in everyday life.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Abbierad, I can't remember how long ago it was but i'm sure there was a thread on the forum about crisis teams and nearly everybody had said they were advised to take a bath.

It's rubbish generic advice that doesn't really help anybody..
As you can probably tell, i'm not a fan of crisis teams. :unsure:

I think they're a huge waste of money and time. I'd even go as far as saying they're cruel - they give desperate people hope and then completely and utterly fail them.

A

anklebiter

Yep. I've also been told to have a cup of tea and a bath. I was so annoyed I pretended to burst into tears and said I don't like tea can I please have coffee and I don't have a bath but will a shower do? Sometimes you've just got to give them s**t back. If tea and baths were the answer, we wouldn't need to call them in the first place.