• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crippling anxiety

R

Row85

Well I'm glad you're feeling better.
Last night my wife admitted we have made a catastrophic error. I can't begin to tell you how bad it is in terms of the financial cost because you probably wouldn't believe anybody could be so imprudent with so much money.

The mental breakdown I'm suffering is so deep that I'm half hoping something dramatic will happen to give me a route out of the horror. It has messed up my brain so much I doubt I'll ever recover especially as the situation is set to become far far worse before it gets better. Everything about the new build is wrong, there isn't anything positive I can say about it. We have thrown away comfort, security and financial security, which is why I fear for the worst. I actually can't believe I will make it without suffering a major event such as a stroke or heart attack or dementia. I'm 64 and an ageing body can only take so much. The physical stress of moving will be immense as well so I'm expecting to injure a major muscle group lifting or pulling something. I really do feel I'm heading for disaster.
You need to take your diazepam daily at the moment, to get you through this hellish feeling. 64 is still young, don’t she yourself. I’d take the diazepam when the feeling is intolerable. I’m hopefully that you’ll feel better. X

C

Cyclist

The drugs do dull the pain but underneath that on a different level I think I'm slowly going insane. I can't do anything, see anything, hear anything, watch anything without feeling massive emotions. I'm so restless that even sitting still is impossible. Reading a book might be okay if we had anything to read. The stress rises with each day and my brain becomes more and more weird. I have a therapy session today by Zoom and I'm expecting my therapist to see a marked deterioration in my manner and behaviour. I don't know where this is going to take me. I won't kill myself but I do fear for the worst.

R

Row85

The drugs do dull the pain but underneath that on a different level I think I'm slowly going insane. I can't do anything, see anything, hear anything, watch anything without feeling massive emotions. I'm so restless that even sitting still is impossible. Reading a book might be okay if we had anything to read. The stress rises with each day and my brain becomes more and more weird. I have a therapy session today by Zoom and I'm expecting my therapist to see a marked deterioration in my manner and behaviour. I don't know where this is going to take me. I won't kill myself but I do fear for the worst.
I’m glad you’ve got a session with your therapist today. Hopefully he/she can help you with some techniques to get yourself out of this slump. Half the work will be from yourself, you need to push yourself. Best of luck for today. X