• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crippling anxiety

R

Row85

It’s been a 4 week anxiety attack, from the minute I wake up till the minute I sleep. I shake, I vomit, I’m sweating , I have palpitations, I can’t see properly or breath properly.....I’ve started back on ciprelax two weeks ago and take Xanax, but it’s not helping. I feel like I’m clicking for dear life off a cliff and everyone is just watching me and not helping me. I’m exhausted. my anxiety makes me feel like I’m going to die. It’s so strange. My husband doenst know how to help me. My poor kid’s think I’m just really tired. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel so alone.

N

Nukelavee

I've had times like you are experiencing, and it is very tough.

Do you have any idea what set this spell off?

R

Row85

I've had times like you are experiencing, and it is very tough.

Do you have any idea what set this spell off?
It’s usually related to my family’s health. I could see a tiny spot on one of my children and I’ll think it’s something I should be concerned about. I don’t know why my mind does this. I know it’s irrational, but I can’t stop thinking and then I gradually get worse. I’m back on my meds now. I really hope it stops! I hate being this way.

anex

anex

That sounds rough. I hope the medication helps! I have totally been feeling that way for the past week or two. Sun up to sun down. It sucks.
Do you have any suggestions for your husband so he might know how to help? Is there anything that soothes you?

R

Row85

That sounds rough. I hope the medication helps! I have totally been feeling that way for the past week or two. Sun up to sun down. It sucks.
Do you have any suggestions for your husband so he might know how to help? Is there anything that soothes you?
Thankfully the meds are kicking in now and I’m not that bad. My husband has tried to help Me when I’m having these long lasting anxiety attacks, but there’s nothing much he can do. I hate that I have to be medicated to be normal, but it is what it is.

D

Debaura500

I hope you can find some relief soon. I suffer with anxiety and have found the past month challenging. Apart from medication I turned to "meditation vacation"on YouTube and it really helped in the darkest hours

C

Cyclist

I also suffer from anxiety but I'm in a stressful situation that's only going to worsen and worsen over the next two months. Living in a small dirty place with rain forecast every day for the foreseeable future and the leaky roof dripping onto the bedroom ceiling. By Christmas we hope to be moving into a new house but there's a awful lot of stress to come before that can happen. My breakdown is deepening despite Mirtazapine and I'm beginning to suffer some quite unpleasant psychotic effects. I would never do anything drastic but if I could make it all stop right now without affecting my friends and family I would take the chance.

D

Debaura500

I didn't get on with mirtrazipine it made me really paranoid and made me feel sick around food, in fact I dumped my ex for wanting a kebab!!

R

Row85

[QUOTE="Cyclist, post: 2303868, member:

I know how you’re feeling. I wake up most days with this horrible feeling of dread. I’ve lost so much weight because I’m nauseas all day. There are some days where I just want to sleep all day, because when I’m asleep I dream and life isn’t as bad. Sounds a little pathetic, but I just want to escape my life. I’m taking ciprelax and Xanax. The ciprelax has only just started to kick in, but I’m still anxious. I have to take a Xanax when my mind starts to wonder. I’m so fed up now. I’d see your doctor again and maybe get some Xanax to get you through this stressful moment. Stoping and starting medication is the worst feeling on earth for me, I feel like I’m going to die, so I’d suggest adding Xanax and maybe nausea pills. I really hope you overcome this period and start to feel better.

C

Cyclist

I don't know what's going to happen to me. I'm in a horrible horrible depressing place with a leaky roof and the prospect of another 6 weeks here before any change happens and I don't even want the change. We foolishly sold our house and moved into temporary and it's not helping my breakdown especially as the stress will continue to ramp up from now on.

R

Row85

I don't know what's going to happen to me. I'm in a horrible horrible depressing place with a leaky roof and the prospect of another 6 weeks here before any change happens and I don't even want the change. We foolishly sold our house and moved into temporary and it's not helping my breakdown especially as the stress will continue to ramp up from now on.
There’s light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to try your best to push through this period. It will get better once you’ve moved into the new house. Right now it all seems so stressful and horrible, but it will get better. Try to watch meditation videos on YouTube, that helps me sometimes. Really hope you feel better.

C

Cyclist

Thanks for posting. To be honest if the world ceased to function tomorrow and we all became extinct I wouldn't shed any tears.

We've been sitting around for so long now that I'm in fear of getting a thrombosis in my glutes.

R

Row85

Thanks for posting. To be honest if the world ceased to function tomorrow and we all became extinct I wouldn't shed any tears.

We've been sitting around for so long now that I'm in fear of getting a thrombosis in my glutes.
haha I feel the same! What a world it is right now! I think peoples mental health hasn’t been this bad in decades. At least we have places like this to express ourselves.

C

Cyclist

For the last 5 months I've been under intolerable stress and to be honest I've kind of given up. I was a fit competitive cyclist but now all my muscles have atrophied away and I've lost 10 percent of my body weight in muscle and fat reserves. Haven't been on the bike since about May and no interest in it either.