Crippling anxiety

D

Dior

My anxiety has been terrible lately. I dont want to leave my room and I just sit around waiting for bad stuff to happen and I hate it.

Z

Zoe1

what bad stuff do you think will happen ?

:grouphug:

D

Dior

Impending doom anything from someone I love like my family getting hurt or me just waiting for something bad to happen cause it normally does. It's like sitting around just waiting for the other shoe to drop

Z

Zoe1

yes I get that, its a bit better recently

when the bad thing happens
is it exactly the thing you predicted ?

D

Dior

No normally something that's not that big of a deal but with my anxiety and depression I make a bigger deal out of it than I should

Z

Zoe1

n yeah I get this ... I find it helps if I can tell someone about it

I was sending it all to my aunt, which was a bit much for her
so now I post my anxieties on forums

I think its really helped

and like you alot of my worries I blow out of proportion

like I have been in pain for 2 weeks with my hip joint
but today I had a nice afternoon with my Dads ex girlfriend

and the pain has just disappeared !

:loveshower:

D

Dior

n yeah I get this ... I find it helps if I can tell someone about it

I was sending it all to my aunt, which was a bit much for her
so now I post my anxieties on forums

I think its really helped

and like you alot of my worries I blow out of proportion

like I have been in pain for 2 weeks with my hip joint
but today I had a nice afternoon with my Dads ex girlfriend

and the pain has just disappeared !

That's awesome I'm happy for you. My family dont really get it so it's really hard for me to talk to them about it.

Z

Zoe1

thankyou , well maybe not your family then
but maybe you can be more specific on her
of what you predict happening, that is what works for me

and I speak as a fellow sufferer

hey I'm going to bed now
but will pick up your thread in the morning

I hope you manage to get some sleep

D

Dior

Thank you I would love to have someone to talk to who understands how it is. Get a gnite rest talk to you tomorrow and again thank you so much.

Z

Zoe1

oh great, well done:loveshower: ! talk to you later !

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

Impending doom anything from someone I love like my family getting hurt or me just waiting for something bad to happen cause it normally does. It's like sitting around just waiting for the other shoe to drop
I used to be like that a long time ago. A non-specific feeling of doom would come over me in the evenings. I thought it had something to do with the darkness, but now I think not. Eventually, that problem went away by itself pretty much. Feelings come and feelings go.

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

Me too, it can & does go away by itself, but sometimes you have to force the issue. My worst time was in 2006, when my anxiety was making me frustrated & angry. But then I really had to force myself into the outside world constantly with an immense positive attitude & thought process, & things really did start working out OK, in fact it's working out better than if I never even had anxiety, because I'm keeping occupied more than ever.

It is a lonely experience, no-one understood why I was withdrawing from the outside. But then I just had to think no I'm not going to let it defeat me.

Think positive, like other anxiety sufferers it can & probably mostly does eventually go away by itself.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

Good for you! I hear you on the other people not understanding. When I first developed agoraphobia and the nightly doom feelings 20 years ago, my psychologist didn't get it and laughed it off. It wasn't funny for me; within 2 years my symptoms were off the scale bad.

Ten years later, something came up, and there was a need for me to leave the house which was greater than a need to feel safe. I adjusted in slow stages, step by step -- which is something I advise anyone to do. Rushing things tends to cause a relapse.

I do think and always have that agoraphobia (maybe any phobia) can be more readily overcome when there is something 'out there' that you want more than safety.

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

It probably depends on the person & the situation, I called it my anxiety monster, always dragging me back in the house, I knew consciously that it wasn't right.

It is about small steps, just increasing the time spent out of the house 1 minute every day it does work, believe me it does.

D

Dior

I completely understand people not understanding. They just brush you off like your making it up or wanting attention and that's not the case at all. I just want to be happy and it's a struggle daily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Anxiety Forum 1
K Anxiety Forum 3
J Anxiety Forum 2
G Anxiety Forum 2
B Anxiety Forum 4