Creativity gone

ArcherX

ArcherX

I've been having a difficult time drawing/painting ever since my psychotic episode.

Every time I draw I just stare what the paper and have no idea what to do. I generally try to approach my drawing methodically so I can get something on the paper. For example I look a face and say it's five eyes long so I try to draw it like that or something like this area is supposed to be light and this area is supposed to be dark. Though when I put pencil to paper my arms just don't move correctly to draw. It's so bizarre to me.

I feel like I can't approach it properly and I can't get into a zone for drawing.

I also can't really do anything that requires creative thinking or problem solving. Does anyone have any similar problems?

Last edited:
boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Yes I have similar problems. I used to be an electro/mechanical troubleshooter before my illness, and I would quickly figure out what the problem was with things. Now I often miss the obvious. Sometimes when I am trying to fix something now and I can't figure it out I just give up, then a week, month, or even a year later I look at it again and this time the problem jumps right out at me and I fix it. It often turns out that it was something simple that I should have figured out the first time.