• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crazy theological thoughts

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Sometimes I have thoughts like" I would rather be dead and in paradise than be here on earth experiencing hell "or " I wish I was dead in paradise." Doesn't anyone who believes in an afterlife with psyche issues think thoughts like this?

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

What do you think Paradise will be like? Will there be 'time' and will we each live in our own dwellings? If here on Earth is "Hell", there could be worse than hell in afterlife. Who choses who goes where in an afterlife? I tend to think there probably isn't an afterlife. Some religions think that those who kill themselves will go to hell.

N

Narcissist714

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It seems normal to think thoughts like that when you believe in an after life and have psych issues. As long as you don’t act on it.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

What do you think Paradise will be like? Will there be 'time' and will we each live in our own dwellings? If here on Earth is "Hell", there could be worse than hell in afterlife. Who chooses who goes where in an afterlife? I tend to think there probably isn't an afterlife. Some religions think that those who kill themselves will go to hell.
Guess we can't know for sure that's why we all have our believes.

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Maybe there is a "Super Hell", especially reserved for people who chose a quick exit from Ordinary hell. Maybe only those who endure the un-endurable go to paradise??? But if there's no time, and if we don't have are own house and garden and cars, you can keep it ;).

K

Kiingyee

Maybe there is a "Super Hell", especially reserved for people who chose a quick exit from Ordinary hell. Maybe only those who endure the un-endurable go to paradise??? But if there's no time, and if we don't have are own house and garden and cars, you can keep it ;).
Lol a "super hell" nice.

K

Kittylove

I can understand and see why you'd have those thoughts. I think there is an afterlife. I'm not sure on how that afterlife looks though.

B

Bet

Sometimes I have thoughts like" I would rather be dead and in paradise than be here on earth experiencing hell "or " I wish I was dead in paradise." Doesn't anyone who believes in an afterlife with psyche issues think thoughts like this?
Of course. I spent years of my life wanting that. In fact, actually, don't know what your religion is, but in the Bible it talks about Christians longing for Heaven due to circumstances here on Earth. Right now, because of all the mess, I wish I was on the Enterprise and could get beamed up off this Earth. But I don't feel we have a right to take our lives. To me, God is the only one that has a say in that.
Think how u feel when u hear of some one's suicide even if u didn't know them personally.
You wonder what brought them to that dark place. When they leave behind children, it really upsets me. I don't know how they can do that to them. Don't know how they can do it to anyone they know cares for them.
Right now, I really don't have many at all who really care for me, but I still couldn't do it. I don't want to be known as that aunt who killed herself spoken in almost secret like whispers.
If u do believe there is a paradise, comfort yourself with that knowing that whatever, u have something to look forward to.

J

JCPraha

I have the same thoughts as you. Christians believe in an afterlife. I am Christian but I suffer from depression. I have often wished my life would end and I would be relieved from all the pain in misery. Life is generally difficult for most people. Not many who have lived for a long time would say life is easy. The Christian hope is life in eternity through Christ. Since we are all destined to get older, decline and die and we can't take anything with us, I am curious to know what hope non-believers have.

J

JCPraha

We are all alive for only a brief period of time, so I suppose you will find out soon enough. Since I suffer from depression, I suppose dying would be a pain relieving experience, if I maintained your point of view. It still seems rather morbid to think that all there is, is what is present on this earth. The world is generally rather difficult and inhospitable.

S

silverberry

I thought about it many times.
The main reason I didn't kill myself was of fear of not going to Heaven.
Also I believed, wrongly maybe, that I should go to Paradise since I've suffered so much here on Earth. And somehow if I don't experience pain I will be damned or this is just my self harm tendencies.
Sometimes when I drown in despair, I wonder if in Heaven I will be happy or still miserable like now. And other times I think it does not matter where I go because I don't care about anything, I wish I never existed in first place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Depression Forum 5
Hardknocks88 Depression Forum 1
R Depression Forum 4
R Depression Forum 2