Crazy situation CMHT

F

Faceless

My GP has said she wants me to have an urgent psychiatric assessment. I guess this shouldn't be a problem and I live literally just around the corner for my local CMHT.
It is co close I could walk there in a few mins but the NHS want me to go to a CMHT in either Plymouth or Tavistock. :panic: :eek:

Plymouth is about 25 miles away and Tavistock probably 35 miles.

Why are they sending me so far away ? Can I get a refund of fees for this travel ?

Unique1

Unique1

Hi faceless.

These are questions to ask, maybe your GP.
Why you have been sent to that particular place and if you can be reimbursed travel expenses.
Could be for many reasons I guess.
I have a hospital 2 miles from me and an appointment I had was at a hospital 20 miles away.
I asked why and it was basically because the Consultant I was to see was at the hospital furthest away.
Do ask, it maybe the appointment can be changed to the closer place to you.
sorry I can't be more help.

Kerome

Kerome

Maybe the psychiatrist that's on staff at your local CMHT is overburdened and they can't get you an appointment soon enough? Or perhaps they want you to see a psychologist as well and there isn't one at the local office.

About the refund, I didn't get one when I used to have to travel miles to go see my psychiatrist, but I never asked for one either, it just never came up. It can't hurt to ask!

U

UMPALUMPA

like Kerome said it might they have no one available

Psychology Assesment can take ages to get, so to get an urgent assesment they may be sending you further.

I saw a Psychologist for 1 hour every 2 weeks 8 hours in total.

You can claim all your expenses back all you need to do is keep reciepts.

try not to worry, all the best.:hug: