• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Crazy Question

B

bpbl2010

Could boredom, not interested in anything be a symptom of depression. I find myself bored/uninterested in a lot of things even though I have a lot of things that could and should occupy me.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Yes, depression can make you bored. Lack of physical activity and low mood swings as well as other symptoms of depression can result in loss of interest. Hobbies and activities can help over come these feelings.

Medication is also a choice.

Z

Zoe1

not necessarily, I think boredom is healthy
its just resting in between things
like a fallow field

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

boredom can definitely be a sign of depression and also lack of motivation and feeling unable to do much
i agree with scapes try and find hobbies and things you enjoy to do ,i know it is hard because im struggling to do much other than come on here and watch TV right now
i hope you find something you enjoy and that gives you some pleasure x Lu x

A

Am33

Maybe subconsciously you are ready for more than just materialism ? Many are in this day in age ready to fulfil what Maslow called pyramid of needs at the top is higher needs working on self .

M

Mistral

I do not think boredom is one of the symptoms that mental health practioners use when diagnosing depression. In fact boredon is very natural and healthy in my opinion. It can make you look for interesting things to do that you would not otherwise do. It can also lead you to do unhealthy things of course and many people can prey on bored people. But I would look upon a little boredom as just part of a normal life and nothing to worry about.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 5
P Depression Forum 6
Hardknocks88 Depression Forum 35
R Depression Forum 4
R Depression Forum 2