• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

CPTSD and Dating

A

ALHE

What are your experiences with CPTSD and dating?

I just decided to start dating again after 1 1/2 year of getting out of a narcassistic relationship. Most of my trauma comes from childhood but my partner definitely added to it. I find vulnerability so difficult. I started seeing someone casually and now I just want to take it back and not talk to them anymore. I have been so anxious and uncomfortable but logically I don't have a reason to be.

O

Orangeade

What are your experiences with CPTSD and dating?

I just decided to start dating again after 1 1/2 year of getting out of a narcassistic relationship. Most of my trauma comes from childhood but my partner definitely added to it. I find vulnerability so difficult. I started seeing someone casually and now I just want to take it back and not talk to them anymore. I have been so anxious and uncomfortable but logically I don't have a reason to be.
Hi! Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing how you’re feeling with us! Im
Hoping someone here can provide you with some answers! Sending you a lot of love x

jajingna

jajingna

I have been so anxious and uncomfortable but logically I don't have a reason to be.
If only logic could take care of such problems, would anybody have them?

"Well, this anxiety makes no logical sense." (anxiety all gone)