• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

CPN! or is it just me?

L

louboo

I am going to sound like a real moaner but here goes.
I have had a CPN and have been under their care for the past two and half years.
Personnally what a waste of time I am no further forward and have actually become more of a recluse.
I feel like another number that has to be seen and once they have done and dusted tick the box and leave.
I have been in a depressive state over the last 4 weeks and have struggled but it has come to the stage now were I am so frightened to contact the team as I cannot open up my true feelings as the threat is now over any self harmer from the child protection agency which I fully understand is needed. But I am now the secondary concern and my son who is my LIFE is now primary. So who do I vent my feelings to!!!!!!!! I thought the whole idea of care was to release and talk through depressive periods not to sit in fear of are they going to report me for being a harm to myself. I have a loving supportive family and husband and my son is always protected when my mood is low I have mastered the art over the years of hiding it so well so he isnt effected.......... unfortunately now I feel lost and can no longer vent my true feelings to these people because basically as far as I am concerned they don't want to know.
WHO IS OUT THERE TO HELP US

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Hi there - sorry I can't be of any help, but I was just wondering who told you child protection has to get involved if you're a self harmer? I've been self harming for approx 13 years and have an 8 year old daughter and I've never had any problems with social work or CPA. I've also been admitted to hospital a few times and my self harming is lets just say 'well documented'!! Have the Child Protection people actually been in touch with you?