• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

CPN or CBT

L

lovagemuffin

SO after ANOTHER session of "CBT" the 5th session my cpn telling me its baby steps and its great that I made it here and that its small steps still no homework no exercises
no cbt:confused:
I did however tell her that I REFUSE to open up to another phyciatrist that they should write it down so that every few months when a new phyciatrist bites the dust I don't have to open up to another phyciatrist all over again:rolleyes:
my phyciatrist gave me a "trail period" of buspar for anxiety its really helped then I got a letter in the post from my phyciatrist saying its for short term use and I shouldn't have it after 3 weeks more of it. then why the HELL did they put me on a TRIAL.
best thing to do in my opinion is expect complete cock ups to happen when dealing with the NHS then you wont be suprised:doh:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I don't really know much about buspar. I'm sure there are reasons they can't prescribe it in the long term (though what they are, I don't know).
They really should have told you they're only for short term before prescribing them to you though.
Very strange that you aren't getting material to take away from your CBT. Perhaps your therapist does it differently, but they usually give you something even if it's just for reference.
Sorry to hear about the MH services being a bit crap with you. :hug1: