• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

cpn leaving means am losing a friend

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

she has been my nurse for 15 years ,i cant imagine how im going to cope without her x she has seen me through so much
her replacement seems good but im nervous and scared
do you think it would be ok to give her a present and card to remind her of me when she leaves in 6 weeks? xx

nonotme

nonotme

her replacement seems good but im nervous and scared
do you think it would be ok to give her a present and card to remind her of me when she leaves in 6 weeks? xx

Hi there, change is so hard in our care I lost my GP just before the new year and I still haven't been back yet. no idea who I will see now, so I full understand what you are saying.

I think a present would be a nice touch, nothing too much or too personal but something she can keep. don't be angry at her, we all need to move on.

Me.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

change is difficult Lu, especially with the conditions we have to cope with.
It would be lovely to give your CPN a card and a small gift though.

mami5

mami5

Gosh 15 years is a long time. Bet you've become quite close in all that time. It's only understandable that you'll miss her. I'm sure she'll miss you too. :hug:

I think a card and a gift to show your gratitude is acceptable. I bought my OT a card and gift after just over an year and he was well chuffed and appreciated them so much.

Good luck with your new CPN :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hey fairy lu,

I gave my therapist a gift after just one year - I was shocked and crude when he told me he was leaving, so I can't imagine how your feeling after 15 years!
Sending you hugs xxx

pepecat

pepecat

I think a gift is lovely idea. I bet she'll miss you too after all these years. I gave my therapist a gift after two and a half years and she was fine about it. I think it's a great idea.

SarahD

SarahD

After knowing you so long, there is a good chance she will say yes, I would think.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

thanks so much everyone xx do you think a fairy waterglobe would be okay as a gift? xx
That sounds like a lovely gift.

I know is hard cos you have known her so long.

Glad you have met replacement and she seems ok too

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i saw my cpn for the last time today xx it was really emotional but im okay xx i brought her a waterglobe and a fairy ornament and am having some flowers delivered to where she works
i will miss her so very much i completely feel like i have lost a friend
i didnt ask her if she would stay in touch in case she said no i would be so upset
thanks for replies xx

D

Deliah

I understand fairy Lu, It taken me a long time to entirely feel I have been able to let go of my last therapist. Be kind to yourself. I hope you are able to build a good relationship with your new person. love D xxxxx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im really not sure i can manage without her x i wish she had not had to retire x
im missing her already she is one of a few people in the world that truly understands me
i know i have to get used to the new nurse but i know she wont understand me as well xx