• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Covid worry

P

Phil10

My local bbc scotland has been putting stories up about 8 bus drivers who got COVID and the hospital near me seeing a surge in cases. One guy is 35 not much older than me and they say they see more people 30’s and 40’s in ICU how worried do I need to be?

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

My local bbc scotland has been putting stories up about 8 bus drivers who got COVID and the hospital near me seeing a surge in cases. One guy is 35 not much older than me and they say they see more people 30’s and 40’s in ICU how worried do I need to be?
Wear a facemask and social distance 2 meters if you can. Use hand sanitizer if you don't have the option of washing your hands after being on the bus. If you do those things, you should be fine. The virus can't 'jump' a distance between two people, you have to be very close to an infectious person for a duration of time, or physically touch them.

P

Phil10

I heard a bus driver in my area sadly died of covid. I keep hearing cases in my area are rising which is worrying as it’s falling everywhere else. They also said we need to accept COVID is with us forever so it’s yet another risk. I hate day not feeling safe will that be the new normal? Never feeling safe?

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I heard a bus driver in my area sadly died of covid. I keep hearing cases in my area are rising which is worrying as it’s falling everywhere else. They also said we need to accept COVID is with us forever so it’s yet another risk. I hate day not feeling safe will that be the new normal? Never feeling safe?
This pandemic will end eventually, they always do. I'm encouraged by the strong response to vaccination in my area, all the vaccine being delivered is quickly administered. There isn't enough of it. If we can get 70-80% of folks in my state vaccinated we can turn the corner on this pandemic. We have about 15% of the people in the state vaccinated thus far. Maybe by autumn we'll have turned the corner?

P

Phil10

Every time I feel a twitch in my throat I worry I have COVID. I can’t win getting COVID would be awful and also getting vaccine and side effects would be too. How will I get through this?

hicks

hicks

Every time I feel a twitch in my throat I worry I have COVID. I can’t win getting COVID would be awful and also getting vaccine and side effects would be too. How will I get through this?
Try to relax. If you're careful and stay away from people, you won't get this.
There are no nasty side effects of the vaccine. Put it this way, you are better off taking the vaccine, than risk getting COVID.
Plus, as more people get vaccinated you are at decreasing risk of getting it anyway.
Don't worry, we are past the worst of this epidemic. It will only get better.

T

Tragically_

about a month ago I was ready to jump in line to get the vaccine. reading more and more im now waiting. there have been quite a few posts that worry me. im not saying no and im not saying yes. in our country we have around 3.5million who have taken double shots. they have stagnated at around 35% +/-

the reaon why pfizer is close with israel for their vaccine. 1 the country is small. easy distribution. and 2 israel will update regularly to pfizer all data on the vaccinated so they can give it to fda for approval and to sell to other countries. so use israeli as guinea pigs.

2 concerns. 1-you dont get a pass card in your hand. big no for me. the procedure is you get your 2nd shot then around 10 days or so you download an app (probably a govt track and trace one) and you can access it as a digital image. it looks very pathetic. I can photoshop it as a counterfeit with minimal effort. or you can access it through the site though many have failed as the system is probably overloaded.
2-you cant see them pulling the vaccine from the vial.

again, im not saying yes or no. im waiting. a vaccine in 6-8 months from development to release...not sure about this.

and public trust in media/news/govt/medical industry/doctors/experts is at a record low. this year has proven undeniable regarding so much bad/false/innacurate info/lies have come out.

I have no trust in those above.
im not an anti vaxxer. in fact I took my flu shot, even though it has proven to be at best 40% effective.

phil you dont feel comfortable..then wait. I was ready to get in line but im uncertain. and they dont help people feel content taking it and no physical pass card. they also tease nonstop on reopening things with "get vaccinated and benefit from a pass to these places" but they dont open them. so more lies.

I will wait. otoh I actively stay away from anyone so will not contract it. even when I train outside im the only person who wears a mask. they opened some schools. the problem is the kids ive seen who hang together, do not wear masks. from young to even high schoolers. they get mild or no covid and then they pass it to others. bad parenting dont educate them how masks are critical.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

about a month ago I was ready to jump in line to get the vaccine. reading more and more im now waiting. there have been quite a few posts that worry me. im not saying no and im not saying yes. in our country we have around 3.5million who have taken double shots. they have stagnated at around 35% +/-

the reaon why pfizer is close with israel for their vaccine. 1 the country is small. easy distribution. and 2 israel will update regularly to pfizer all data on the vaccinated so they can give it to fda for approval and to sell to other countries. so use israeli as guinea pigs.

2 concerns. 1-you dont get a pass card in your hand. big no for me. the procedure is you get your 2nd shot then around 10 days or so you download an app (probably a govt track and trace one) and you can access it as a digital image. it looks very pathetic. I can photoshop it as a counterfeit with minimal effort. or you can access it through the site though many have failed as the system is probably overloaded.
2-you cant see them pulling the vaccine from the vial.

again, im not saying yes or no. im waiting. a vaccine in 6-8 months from development to release...not sure about this.

and public trust in media/news/govt/medical industry/doctors/experts is at a record low. this year has proven undeniable regarding so much bad/false/innacurate info/lies have come out.

I have no trust in those above.
im not an anti vaxxer. in fact I took my flu shot, even though it has proven to be at best 40% effective.

phil you dont feel comfortable..then wait. I was ready to get in line but im uncertain. and they dont help people feel content taking it and no physical pass card. they also tease nonstop on reopening things with "get vaccinated and benefit from a pass to these places" but they dont open them. so more lies.

I will wait. otoh I actively stay away from anyone so will not contract it. even when I train outside im the only person who wears a mask. they opened some schools. the problem is the kids ive seen who hang together, do not wear masks. from young to even high schoolers. they get mild or no covid and then they pass it to others. bad parenting dont educate them how masks are critical.
I got the Pfizer vaccine, both shots. It's been 2 weeks since my second shot, no real side effects either time. I'm 66 so if I can do ok, you probably can do ok as well. The mRNA vaccines have been under development for 10 years, since we had the SARS outbreak a decade ago. Don't believe the myth that the vaccine technology is new and unproven, it isn't.

My wife needs to get her vaccination as well, but vaccine is in short supply right now. The hospital we use said they were all out of vaccine and not taking any new reservations. They said our state determines who is getting vaccine and it's not hospitals now, it's 'communities' (whatever that means).

Our state governor is not well liked because she loves power-and I'm afraid she's using that power to assure her voter constituencies are getting first priority at vaccine right now. I know that sounds paranoid, but in the absence of real information your mind works that way. All I know is the hospital we use has capacity for 40,000 vaccinations/day and all they were doing last week was the 2200 second vaccinations for folks who had already had their first-no new vaccinations. That's atrocious.

I'm upset because my wife needs foot surgery-she broke a bone in her foot 2 months ago and it hasn't healed by itself. She needs pins put in it. But she won't go near a hospital until she has at least the first vaccination for COVID. We're sitting on our hands and wondering when our hospital will get more vaccine-and ZERO NEWS from the state about when that will happen!

T

Tragically_

im happy to hear you are well but Im really sorry to hear about your wife. it saddens me. I hope she can hold on. I feel for her

im waiting out the vaccine. Im not calm inside regarding the pfizer vaccine, too much turmoil regarding the vaccine from both sides, doesnt help pull me to take the vaccine. in fact I pull back from both sides and then analyze when im stressed. no one can affect me when im closed off. the pfizer ceo bourla has said himself he hasnt taken the vaccine . it says a lot.

theres no reasoning with antvaxxers. they are extreme. I do believe in vaccines. n1h1 was a messup and Anthrax vaccine was also a messup. the last year I have seen so much manipulation, greed and evil, that Im looking out only for me. as of now, I see no benefit to taking the pfizer. if moderna came here, i would consider it very seriously.

the fake saline celebrity/politicains in front of the camera pr project does nothing for me to trust them. you cant sue should one get sick. the mRNA has never had approval and after 9 coronaviruses, not a single vaccine has been out. im happy people are getting innoculated. that also helps slow the increase.

I send good vibes that your wife gets the vaccine and she can heal her foot asap. I hate how govt's around the world give no information, bad information. it doesnt help them to connect with the citizens. especially thats needed the last year.

even though I bodybuild (only outdoors atm-6 months gyms are closed) im with asthma, and a collapsed lung from a summer 2019 motorcycle accident with tons of broken ribs and left collarbone so I really need to think twice. and not much real world info is out for long term. only internal tests and simply they are worth little . im not on either side. im saying, I have no trust for anyone. this year has opened my eyes. I have so much anger and hate in everyone. the vaccine is the least of my priorities. my (very crappy) dr has sent a letter to head psychologist and police have an apb to pick me up for suicidal behaviour. I have called many times to hotlines to get over the night. so you see my dr is also on the list of let downs.

no weddings the last year has also gotten me into bad debt. im past depression phase.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

im happy to hear you are well but Im really sorry to hear about your wife. it saddens me. I hope she can hold on. I feel for her

im waiting out the vaccine. Im not calm inside regarding the pfizer vaccine, too much turmoil regarding the vaccine from both sides, doesnt help pull me to take the vaccine. in fact I pull back from both sides and then analyze when im stressed. no one can affect me when im closed off. the pfizer ceo bourla has said himself he hasnt taken the vaccine . it says a lot.

theres no reasoning with antvaxxers. they are extreme. I do believe in vaccines. n1h1 was a messup and Anthrax vaccine was also a messup. the last year I have seen so much manipulation, greed and evil, that Im looking out only for me. as of now, I see no benefit to taking the pfizer. if moderna came here, i would consider it very seriously.

the fake saline celebrity/politicains in front of the camera pr project does nothing for me to trust them. you cant sue should one get sick. the mRNA has never had approval and after 9 coronaviruses, not a single vaccine has been out. im happy people are getting innoculated. that also helps slow the increase.

I send good vibes that your wife gets the vaccine and she can heal her foot asap. I hate how govt's around the world give no information, bad information. it doesnt help them to connect with the citizens. especially thats needed the last year.

even though I bodybuild (only outdoors atm-6 months gyms are closed) im with asthma, and a collapsed lung from a summer 2019 motorcycle accident with tons of broken ribs and left collarbone so I really need to think twice. and not much real world info is out for long term. only internal tests and simply they are worth little . im not on either side. im saying, I have no trust for anyone. this year has opened my eyes. I have so much anger and hate in everyone. the vaccine is the least of my priorities. my (very crappy) dr has sent a letter to head psychologist and police have an apb to pick me up for suicidal behaviour. I have called many times to hotlines to get over the night. so you see my dr is also on the list of let downs.

no weddings the last year has also gotten me into bad debt. im past depression phase.
Sorry to hear your struggling so badly. Hopefully this will be a better year than last year, it would have a hard time being worse.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are very similar, they use the same technology and same approach. Most hospitals in my area dispense both of them-the Modern vaccine doesn't need to be kept at an ultra low temperature like the Pfizer vaccine, so it's easier to transport.

Our government is an an all time low as far as competency and communication right now, I've never seen it worse in my 66 years. And the news media lets them get away with it, they never go after them or demand answers. A lot of people in the USA no longer feel we have a working government, just a choice between two corrupt parties. The state governments used to be a little more competent, but not anymore. In the absence of any real information, rumors abound.

I emailed my state representative asking her where all the vaccine that we paid for is going in this state. She hasn't replied to me yet. Typical.

P

Phil10

Tonight I had a sore feeling come on at the back of my throat. These sort of things make me paranoid every day I have COVID. Being honest multiple times a week I worry I have COVID?

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Tonight I had a sore feeling come on at the back of my throat. These sort of things make me paranoid every day I have COVID. Being honest multiple times a week I worry I have COVID?
Do you really want to go on living like that, with anxiety that you're going to catch COVID every day? I did that for a year, every time I had to go shopping it caused great anxiety. Since I've been vaccinated I don't worry so much. I still wear a face mask and practice social distancing, but I don't feel I'll catch COVID from merely walking by someone else in a store. That anxiety was terrible.

P

Phil10

Do you really want to go on living like that, with anxiety that you're going to catch COVID every day? I did that for a year, every time I had to go shopping it caused great anxiety. Since I've been vaccinated I don't worry so much. I still wear a face mask and practice social distancing, but I don't feel I'll catch COVID from merely walking by someone else in a store. That anxiety was terrible.
You are correct. But having the vaccine is causing a lot of anxiety how to I weigh up what’s best to do? I know if I got the single dose vaccine I would find that easier than two doses. I can see what you mean about worrying less though ..

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

You are correct. But having the vaccine is causing a lot of anxiety how to I weigh up what’s best to do? I know if I got the single dose vaccine I would find that easier than two doses. I can see what you mean about worrying less though ..
Getting two shots is just an inconvenience, nothing more. As it is they are now saying that just one shot of the Pfizer vaccine gives you great immunity, the second one is icing on the cake.

It was terrible for me for a year. My wife is immuno-compromised because she has diabetes and pulmonary issues. So, for a year I had to do all the shopping. Every time I went to the store it seemed something happened-maybe somebody carelessly violated my 6 foot distancing, or someone would cough when they went by me, or something like that. If you're subject to anxiety anyway, those things drive you crazy. For 3-4 days after that I would feel anxious, then just about the time I'd be settling back down it was time to go shopping again. One year of that crap!

My wife broke a big bone in her foot on December 23rd, just as I was getting off for a few days of Winter holiday. She needs a pin put in the bone, the break is too bad to heal by itself. But, because we live near a COVID hotspot she has put off getting that surgery done-doesn't want to go near a hospital. After I got vaccinated they ran out of vaccine in this area, there was none to be found. Finally they got some more and we scheduled a reservation for my wife to get vaccinated! I look upon it as a Blessing, frankly. Hopefully she won't have any major side effects either, but the main thing is she can now schedule surgery on her foot. By that time, she'll have at least the first shot done and several weeks to build immunity-maybe even the second shot? Every day presents challenges, you just have to have Faith and believe it will all work out.

P

Phil10

Thanks I will have to think about it then. I’ve had a conjested throat for like 4 weeks or more but it seems worse after eating hot food and burning my mouth could that be a trigger? Also I say next to a heater all day someone said that too? I don’t have a temperate loss of taste it cough but I am always so worried about having covid does anyone else worry?