• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Covid in the house hold

L

Luke123123

Hi all I have real bad anxiety last night my 9 year old tested positive for Covid on a lateral flow I have been keeping on top of my anxiety lately but this has just shot me through the roof to the extent I am now living in a caravan on the driveway, I feel so useless I have had to let my partner look after my 9 year old and my 5 year old we have all been for a pcr today I’m just terrified I feel useless we have not yet had or jabs either :( I know how stupid am I :(

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Hey! You're not stupid! You're a human being and you're dealing with something that none of us have ever really experienced in our lifetime! It's horrible!

If I were you I'd be scared too! It's not just the actual illness itself, it's also what it means - having to isolate, being tested, feeling alone, feeling bad or stressed if not yet vaccinated. It's a LOT.

The good news is your kids should be fine. They don't often get very sick from this, even with the Delta variant.

How does your partner feel about it? It may make a bit of sense if you live in the caravan for a while. As long as you test negative, at least you can go and get groceries and medical supplies and leave them at the door for your family. You can help in other ways.

If you test positive, you will deal with it if it happens. You may freak out, or you may not. You may feel more able to go back inside if everyone has it anyway.

If any of you feel very unwell and are worried, call the relevant hotline. People are there to help you. You will feel alone and isolated, but you are not alone. We are all dealing with this, all over the world.

Oh, and after any of you who get sick recover, you can have the vaccine. Then you'll have excellent immunity!

L

Luke123123

I have had a private antibody test in the past which shows I have positive antibodies however they are low only 6.9u/ml that was back in June / July fingers crossed it helps I just wish I could do something :(

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I have had a private antibody test in the past which shows I have positive antibodies however they are low only 6.9u/ml that was back in June / July fingers crossed it helps I just wish I could do something :(
I know. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. It is a very stressful time, especially for those who already have anxiety.