• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Court Case Pending, Really Struggling

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes - in a psych hospital. The sentence is actually indefinite. One guy got 4 years fro throwing a thermometer at a nurse.
were the charges driving related? I have been incarcerated myself and involuntarily hospitalized. Not over driving charges though, i was basically given a slap on the wrist over that when it was pretty serious

Argon

Argon

were the charges driving related? I have been incarcerated myself and involuntarily hospitalized. Not over driving charges though, i was basically given a slap on the wrist over that when it was pretty serious
Misdemeanor 1st offense simple assault. Most people got a 30 day suspended sentence. Max is one year.

M

Marianda

I’ve suffered from depression and anxiety for years now. Last year, after feeling better for a year or so I decided to come off my meds.

3 days after stopping I got involved in a road incident and was reported to the police. Subsequently was charged with dangerous driving and breach of the peace, charges which i deny.

This has rumbled on for 14 months but yesterday it was confirmed that the case will go to trial next week. My mood level sunk with this hanging over me and now it is at an all time low. I am absolutely terrified at the prospect of appearing in court and the possibility of losing my licence and probably my job if convicted.

Has anyone else here appeared in court and how did you cope with this? I really feel as if I will break down and make my situation worse.

Is there a chance that the sudden stop of my meds made my mood change and had a bearing on my behaviour? This was all very much out of character.
You have to build your defense on the fact that you were taking medication and suddenly stopping caused you to loose self control. Talk to your attorney. File evidence from your psych to proove the fact that you have been under meds for a long time. I hope you don't get convicted but if it happens, these circumstances can lead to lighter charges. Appearing in Court is horrible but you have to remain cool. Have you already plan on a strategy with your attorney?