• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Counter coping skills>

blog15

blog15

If the voice tries to overcome you. !.

1. realize what its saying to attack? (insults) )lies?)

2. take whatever is your focus and change it to something else.

3. Assert your interaction portion of your mind.

- If you are to respond? no cope*

T

TyFence

I have an amazing amount of patience to take things in stride, laying down or abuse without retaliation. I do retaliate sometimes, but am trying to see how much I can take.
Jesus didn’t retaliate on all his accusers. I think that is the right way. I hold back my anger but pray and it goes away. Those voices are meaningless and I feel sorry for them as I would any attacker. They don’t know what they do. So I take it in hope they will all go away. Don’t want to excite them but absorb it, embrace it so they cannot upset me any more.

blog15

blog15

well you seem to be commited to responding to them, clear your mind and assert.

N

natalie

Hi TyFence, it's Natalie a member of Mental health forum, from London, UK;

I am just wondering whether you need a general doctor and also a physchartry doctor help in these areas of severe problems, you are suffering terrible with?

Also, just an idea, could you possibly try, listening to music with headphones, or be at the computer with headphones on? These two tricks, could certainly help how can I explain, mute the problems that you are terribly experincing.

Welcome aboard, to mhf.

Natalie,
London, UK.

T

TyFence

The voices are a part of life that I am experiencing. I think I am coping well!

T

TyFence

No , not really. I do have a doctor. I don’t have head phones. I am listening to music. I have voices like many people do, just not letting them get to me. Mostly they don’t get to me. I’ve had this illness a long time. It sounded worse than it is. Sure they have made me angry and attacked from every angle but I have the upper hand and even incapacitated me. Forgive me if I sound to positive and not in reality. It’s how I see it now.