• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Counsellor/Care Coordinator

V

Vegay

I haven't spoken to my care coordinator on the phone for about 2 weeks now because I've ignored her a couple of times and now she doesn't bother. She wasn't very good anyway.
I cancelled a session with my counsellor last week because I feel like we've kind of lost something, Idk if that makes sense. I just feel different towards here and I really didn't want to talk last week. Maybe she doesn't like me anymore. I do have a session booked in for next week though.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m not sure how it is where you are but here if you miss two or more appointments in a row your therapist will often drop you or talk about dropping you because they need the insurance monies. I get how you feel about your care coordinator but I have learned that it’s better to treat your care team well when you don’t need them so they will place you as priority and respond to you when you do.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Vegay. It is good to see you posting again. As you did not answer the calls, your care coordinator will see it as you no longer wanting them. This is the unfortunate way it works but it does not mean they do not care.

I can understand you feeling different about your counsellor as she stopped responding to your emails. The thing is, counselling is not going to get to the root of your bpd. It is helpful to have somebody to talk to but I cannot see it making any progress. I know you are on the waiting list for therapy and it is frustrating the wait is so long.

Zaz2020

Zaz2020

I've always found if you complain about the care you are getting, rather than being more caring they tend to step away from you and the level of care just gets less and less.
It's a tricky situation but what are you meant to do. Just sit back say nothing and feel worse? My attitude is of you don't tell them they'll never know you're not happy. (Unfortunately nearly all the mental health professionals I've dealt with don't want to hear that)