Counselling.

S

Soapy.Potato

Hi there,
I have lived in Cornwall for the past 6 years, and have been in and out of various counselling organisations. All to no avail. They normally discharge me just as I am starting to feel better, but being discharged at this particular point in my sessions normally has a negative effect on my mood, and feel more alone that I have before. Or I have been discharged because something has happened that could affect my treatment in the long run, so I am then left without any help during a horrible period in my moods and feelings. (Mostly from outlook sw).
I am soon to start BeMe, well, I will in about 3 months after the waiting period is over, and then I need to go though the waiting list, again, and then the initial assessment, again.
So, I was wondering, have you had the same issues within Cornwall? Is it like this everywhere? And what are BeMe like?
Thanks in advance for any and all advice :)

Hugs to all,
S x

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi yes outreach southwest only offer a certain amount of sessions then they cant give you anymore i was with freshfeilds for addiction councelling but it was a victim of the cuts i am currently not receiving any help.
i cant even make a doctors appoinment.

S

Soapy.Potato

Hi diddypinks,
With outlook it wasn't because I came to the end of the sessions I had, and was well aware of the fact that it was only restricted amount. I was 'discharged' many times well before my sessions were due to end because of many different reasons, and non seemed to add up. I sorry to hear about yours being cut! Have you looked into BeMe, you can self refer and they have many different types of help. Like I said, I haven't been there personally, but always worth a look. As for the doctors I totally agree! I can't see the same doctor if I even get an appointment and I am normally put in to see a doctor that is unable to help me with what I wanted.
If you ever need to talk about anything, don't hessitate to get in contact with me!
Hugs,
S x

L

lindy1lou

Hi There,

I'm new to this forum and things have really come to a head with me recently and i have had to deal with the fact that i have mental health problems. I'm not diagnosed yet, I keep putting off going to the doctors which I know is stupid, I guess there is a big part of me that still believes I should be able to 'sort myself out' rather than seek help. Anyway...sorry babbling!! I just read this thread and was shocked to see you only get a certain amount of sessions??!! So even if I went to the docs, got diagnosed and referred for CBT or whatever, i will only have a few sessions? So whats the point if it's not enough to help??!!! i'm dumbfounded and now at a loss what to do :(

Lindylou

pepecat

pepecat

Often it depends on where you live and what your issues are as to what therapy/therapies are on offer and for how long. I'm assuming you're in Cornwall as you've posted in the Cornwall section?
Some charities also offer counselling- like mind, for example, or there may be local ones that can help.

L

lindy1lou

Yes I'm in Cornwall. I see, well i'm not diagnosed yet but I strongly believe I have BDP. From what I read on another thread, there isn't much help for this. So my life won't improve it seems.