• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

councilling triggered low?

Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday

Hi all,

I would appreciate some advice off you all if poss?

I havent been on here for a good while now. Been feeling pretty ok since starting Lithium and slowly starting to put my life into some sort of order. Feeling optimistic about the the future and life in general and feel like I am getting my mojo back, or so to speak.

I have been waiting to see a councillor for over 12 months and attended my first appointment 3 weeks ago (having one session per week). The first couple of sessions I left feeling really optimistic but after yesterdays session I have fell into a huge low. Am feeling very down and tearful. I covered a lot with the councillor but didnt get upset or anything whilst in the session. Do you think that this has triggered the low or do you think that I was gonna get one anyway?

I am in work at the mo. Supposed to be meeting friends after work but all I wanna do is crawl home, go to bed and bawl my eyes out!

Help :cry:

iffybob

iffybob

six and half dozen

Sounds resonable to assume it could ... I had a numbers of reponces to theropy .. from goin home and hiding in bed.. ( even walking home cos I did not want to take the bus and have to talk) .. to going out on a few days bender ....

Somtimes I was ok in sesions , and a few hours later after the reaction emotions had worn off and the triggers had stoped .. completely drained like a sugar/caffine rush come down ... a total downer ...

.. each sesion will prob leave you feeling a different way after ... :flowers:

emski

emski

From my experience sometimes therapy sessions gave me a lightbulb moment, a lot of the time they stirred things up so much that I left feeling extremely emotional and drained. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing - often a process which needed to be gone through in order to work through things and eventually come out the other end feeling more positive.