Councelling

U

uniguy1

I have been offered counselling by my college before i start university. Does it work for people who have had it. How do you know what to say

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I'm not sure about others and about your feelings and any MH issues but I have to say my counselling is helping , it's hard work and emotionally difficult but it feels like I am moving forward slowly xx

U

uniguy1

Well in the past i have just well really sad about not having a partner. I have felt like i am the worse in my family even though i am not. My father has treated me like shit, never believing in me.

Flameheart

Flameheart

part of counselling is to find what helps you, so if it doesn't work or you can't open up to who you get you can ask for something/someone different if possible

ive went through loads of people in the mental health team, only one or two have really been right for me

U

uniguy1

Yeah hopefully. Well I need to get in a better state of mind anyway because im going to university in September. I am glad my old college wants to help me before I go.

I just need to find a way to cut the negative people from my life, talk about the issues i have had. I mean even finding this site it is helping

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Try to find a counsellor you feel comfortable with, no point trying to deal with issues talking to one you dont trust :hug:

The counsellor has to be a good listener as well, i had one who cared more about his paycheque than helping :sorry:

U

uniguy1

Sorry to hear that midnightpheonix

How are you doing now if you don't mind me asking

U

uniguy1

Feeling a bit better these couple of days. I should be more proud of myself and happier