• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Could really do with someone to talk to

D

drew_71

I think I'm hearing voices, but I'm not sure, because its my own voice, but I don't feel like its my thoughts, and I keep urging myself to do things that aren't normal like punch and smash things. I also keep getting episodes of hyperactivity, but then the slightest thing will bring me crashing back down, for example earlier I was bouncing off the walls cleaning and making dinner, but then when I thought the food had gone wrong I got stuck in a downward spiral of negative thoughts and got really really depressed. Then because I felt like I was over-reacting I felt worse about myself. Now I'm up again even though I should get some sleep as I have to be up early. I also keep seeing things out the corner of my eye, like flashes of things creeping around and I'm getting quite paranoid sometimes. Most of the time I tell myself nothing is there, but sometimes I feel like there is something there that is trying to get me. Could really do with someone to talk to about it, maybe someone who has experienced similar as I'm pretty freaked out by it all.

schiz01

schiz01

Stress can cause all of the above.....I would go see your GP and ask for a referral to see a psychologist.
Best to jump on it early just in case it is the beginnings of something more serious.
It may be a simple matter of making a few life changes and leaning some stress management techniques ect.

D

drew_71

I had an appointment with the psychiatrist yesterday as an evaluation before having more sessions, and I wanted to mention what I thought might be voices, but it kept telling me that if I did then I would be locked away. It let me know what I could tell her, mainly about my depression and anxiety, and then when I left it said I had done the right thing not telling her, but in a really patronising way :/

schiz01

schiz01

They will only lock you away if they think you are a danger to yourself or others.I tell my doctors and support workers ect that i have audio and visual disturbances and that i have them under control.
The only person that has the power to lock you away is a psychiatrist ......there is a big difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
And from what you have described you have little to fear in that regards

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
could you write down on a peice of paper some of the troubles you are having and then hand it too her? say in the letter i am sorry this seems strange but i dont know what else to do i am hearing voices in my head and they are telling me what i can and cant say to you i wanted to let you know this. or something like that? you need to be honest otherwise how else can they help you? i have had very similar experineces to you i found tapestry soothing it give you something to focus on, just be kind to yourself and throughout your moods write this too will pass on your knuckles cause whatever you are feeling will stop too much depression too much manickness etc keep posting i hope things get better for you soon with things being the way they are at the moment i would say contact your phyciatrist or even doctor and spill all your problems out on them thats what they are there for good luck diddy:)

L

Lady Summer Isles

I experience the same thing with the voices telling me who I can and can't talk to and what I can and cannot say. I have a list of the SAFE people I can talk to. The only problem with being honest is it can backfire. I had a voice telling me last week not to let my support worker into the house or I would hurt her. I did let her in, didn't hurt her, told her what the voice had said and they have now withdrawn my support worker saying I'm too much of a risk for her to work with me. Let me say this was the first time the voices have said I would hurt anyone else and I did not act on it. Don't really know what to advise you.:(