• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Could Lexapro be making me feel worse 3 months in?

S

Stephanie91

Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie I'm 26 yrs old and I'm going through a difficult time. On the surface my life seems to be going well. It's not. My anxiety & depression is ruining my job performance, my confidence, everything. I've been on Lexapro for 3 months & do not feel any difference. This past week my mental health has deteriorated badly. I feel very emotional & borderline panic attack. I also take Valium as needed.
Is it possible the Lexapro is making me feel worse? Doc wants me to stay on it for a little bit longer. I just want to know if I should start coming off Lex asap as I am not myself. Help!

teresaviolet

teresaviolet

Lexapro made me crazy. When I changed psychiatrists, he said it shouldn't be prescribed to people under 25 because it could make people suicidal.
It really made me severely depressed and I had to come off of it.
However, this is my personal experience and I know it's different for everyone.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Yes it can be affecting you badly at any point. If you come off it, please do so very gradually. If you stop it too fast you will have even worse effects.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2