• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Could it be borderline??

L

linzibaker

Hiya all.

I am wondering if i could have borderline personality disorder. I have so many symptons its stupid, It was suggested to me that with all of my symptons it could be possible. I am just so unsure, I went to my GP and i basicly got told i was imagining things, and i KNOW im not!

My introduction post explains all of my symptons. the link is below.

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2478

I also wrote this post, as i have a huge issue with relationships. (as in i am unable to have one)
http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2885

I would love your feedback, as i dont know what to do anymore.

Many thanks

Linzi

emski

emski

It could be possible but no-one on this forum is qualified to diagnose. Even your GP isn't the best to diagnose this, as it won't be their field of expertise. Only a psychiatrist can properly diagnose a personality disorder. If you are worried your GP isn't taking you seriously, find another GP, tell them your history and ask to be referred to a psychiatrist for an evaluation

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I agree entirely with Emski about the GP. I dont see my GP for aything to do with mental health now. They initially treated me for depression but when they thought it was more than that i was sent to a pdoc for diagnosis

I

indie_cindy

Hi Linzi. I have borderline personality disorder and from what you have said it is quite possible you have it (but like others have said, we are not medically trained and u need to see a psych to find out). The traits of bpd are: history of self harm, eating disorders, sexual promiscuity, risk taking behaviour, feelings of emptiness, avoiding real or imagined abandonment, intense unstable relationships, fearing rejection, difficulty being on your own...there's more but i cant think. Your best bet is to ask your GP for a referral to a psychiatrist.