Could it be anxiety?

S

Sunshine867

Hey...

So I'm not sure if I'm at the right place or even the right forum but I was just looking for some advice from anyone who might understand a bit more about the symptoms I have been having or advice in general.

So around 4 weeks ago I began to feel a big tightness and pressure sensation in my head mostly forehead and top of my head. This was the only symptom I had. This would continue all day every day until after around a week when I went to see my GP who put it down to some stress causing tension headaches, this went on for another week when I was also experiencing some other symptoms which included a tight feeling around sometimes one or both of the wide of my head going down into my cheek. I would also start to feel shooting/stabbing pains in my head every now and then, not at the same place each time, in different parts of my head. After becoming quite worried I then had another visit to my GP who then thought it could be cluster headaches/migraines. I wasn't convinced and by week 3 the tightness began to lift from my head and became a lot more lighter if that makes sense and also the dizziness was no longer constant and just on and off now and again.

I then started to have other symptoms which worried me, my arm began to feel heavy, my feet would be cold but feel sweat and clammy, my heart would race, I would feel a strange sensation in my head and behind my eye and I would begin shaking loads. I was also finding it difficult to swallow. Not that my throat closed or anything just had to take a couple of attempts each time to swallow. This happened the first time and lasted around a couple of hours but could not sleep that night due to worry. The following day I felt a bit unwell and that night the same thing happened again but a lot more intense. Since then I have had blood tests which have came back fine and my GP days he thinks it could now he anxiety but now I feel a heaviness in my chest which comes and goes and the only way I can describe it is a "funny bone" feeling in my head, around my eye, arm and leg like that feeling you get when you knock your funny bone but that feeling is there constantly all of the time. Does anyone have any advice of what could be causing this?

In the process of waiting for my gp to decide on what tests to do next but in the meantime I have done maybe the wrong thing by looking up symptoms online which has brought up things like brain tumor and MS. My GP still thinks it's anxiety but at the moment it's hard for me to believe that as this is all brand new to me and I have never experienced any of this before so it can be quite scary and frustrating at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any advice from you.

O

OCDguy

This funny bone feeling, does it come and go, and if it does, does it always start from the same place, and stay in one place :hug:

S

Sunshine867

This funny bone feeling, does it come and go, and if it does, does it always start from the same place, and stay in one place :hug:
Yeah it comes and goes. There more times than not throughout the day though. Mainly in my left arm and hand. Feels heavy too. Now and then I feel the same sensation on the left side of my forehead and around my left eye but then that goes off after a few minutes.

O

OCDguy

May i ask, do you get any other weird sensations?

O

OCDguy

I think if it were me I would ring the doctors and tell them about all of this. Did they do a ECG?

C

Confusedandanxious

Instead of googling symptoms of other things. Try googling the symptoms of anxiety.
That helped me out of the health anxiety I was sucked in to before I accepted I had anxiety.
It helped me accept that I had anxiety as well.

S

Sunshine867

Instead of googling symptoms of other things. Try googling the symptoms of anxiety.
That helped me out of the health anxiety I was sucked in to before I accepted I had anxiety.
It helped me accept that I had anxiety as well.
Yeah I looked up anxiety symptoms and some of the symptoms do sound similar if not the same but then having certain symptoms like the strange feeling in my arm and heaviness constant I think is playing on my mind more.

O

OCDguy

If you move about does this sensation move with you?

O

OCDguy

No doubt others here have had similar experiences... I have had a similar fuzzy sensation but mine moves about...

S

Sunshine867

No doubt others here have had similar experiences... I have had a similar fuzzy sensation but mine moves about...
I've had it in my leg too. Like more at the bottom of my leg. The muscle at the back of my leg. Oh really. What did yours turn out to be then?

O

OCDguy

I have had loads of sensations... mostly varying amounts of coldness, also varying in intensity... My Mother experienced similar sensations in her head, she suffered with emphysema and she was taking medication for it...

S

Sunshine867

I have had loads of sensations... mostly varying amounts of coldness, also varying in intensity... My Mother experienced similar sensations in her head, she suffered with emphysema and she was taking medication for it...
It just gets very frustrating when you don't know what it is or what's causing it which probs doesn't make things any better by worrying. I also have started having a twitch near/on my eyebrow too which happens quote a lot now and then throughout the day.

S

Sunshine867

Do you drink caffeinated drinks, including coke?
It's very rare that I drink coke. Maybe once or twice a year but I do drink tea and coffee. Not as much the last week or so but usually anywhere upto around 4/5 cups a day of either tea or coffee.

O

OCDguy

I have read somewhere that there is a link between that and caffeine intake (don't know if it is true or not)...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
buzzbuzz Anxiety Forum 4
O Anxiety Forum 2
Justafriend95 Anxiety Forum 9
E Anxiety Forum 6
H Anxiety Forum 8