Could I have ADHD / ADD?

M

MidnightMusician

Hi All!

Was wondering if anyone knew much about ADHD / ADD.

I keep thinking I may have it.

I currently study at university and find it very hard to remain focussed on the same thing for longer than 10 minutes. That does depend however. Sometimes I can, it depends on how engaged or how much I get into it at the time.

Could this just be anxiety?

I'm a bit restless (left leg goes fidgety and restless a lot) but that's about it. I don't have any of the other symptoms such as being hyperactive or anything. I'm not ill behaved or anything although I haven't much patience. I just get distracted easily, mind wanders a lot and find I'm quite bored easily. Things don't hold my attention for long unless I'm super engaged or interested, which isn't often.

I can't get into films much either, TV I'm fine but for some reason films (and again, depends on the film, True Romance gripped me from start to finish) and sometimes lose the plot and after 20-30 minutes in I don't know what's going on.

So does it sound like ADHD / ADD or just bad anxiety. I did do lots of drugs for most of 20's and early 30's which may account for a lot of things.

Another thing I might add:- Is I can hold my attention significantly better when I'm forced to. Say I'm in a lecture or cinema, because there's nothing there to distract you (or very little) I can concentrate and stay focussed better but that's as I say, only when there's nothing in the environment to distract me or because I'm forced.

Thanks!

Last edited: