Could I have a medical condition

G

George10111

Hi members of SA. I eat X calories a day and either maintain my weight or I lose weight. I eat ALOT but its hard for me to even stay on the line of 'maintenance'.

I'm a 25 yr old male and I do have a lot of heavy physical hobbies. I'm a somewhat runner, running 2-3 times a week and I go on hikes every day after work. I eat a lot of sugary carb foods in the morning, like frosted cinnamon rolls, cakes, danishes, doughnuts, etc and a coffee or some tea.

I'm just surprised with how much I'm eating. People have started to notice. My mum asked me the other day if I'm doing alright because I look like I'm getting way thin. Every since I've stopped trying to lose weight about a month ago, eating a lot, well past the point of full each and every day.

I eat 95% of my food before my hikes and either during or after I'll have a protein shake, nuts, or some other type of high protein rich snack. It just kind of seems that maybe I'm not absorbing many nutrients. Or maybe I'm just exercising too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I don't know. It sounds like it maybe. I wish I could eat that much and not gain weight! Jealous.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
You do a hell of a lot of activity so you could easily be needing more calories than you take in to maintain your weight.

I would cut down on your exercise, why are you doing so much?

G

George10111

I enjoy hiking. I'm fascinated with nature and have always been curious and fascinated with the mountains by my house. Its such a big open place, quiet, peaceful, and an escape. I've had a lot of different experiences and priceless memories with friends, family and by myself in these mountains.

I love to hike, camp, and be outside. Always been an outsider. Especially when I'm feeling depressed its so therapeutic to get outside, soak in the sun's rays and breath fresh air. It makes a huge difference. Plus it rains a lot here I like to get out when I can. For some reason I can cope with bad weather during the winter because its expected. Bad weather that drags out during the spring and summer can take a toll on my mood. It just rained for the last two weeks straight. I don't know why where I live is even considered a desert considering how much it rains, almost every day during the winter and spring, and usually about 3 out of 7 week days during the summer.

E

Emptysilence

I would say if your doing a lot of Activity, you need to eat a little more more healthy calories, just because your burning it off so fast. I would incorporate some snacks in during your hike. And your 25 year old male. your metabolism is still on (beast mode). As we age our metabolism slows.

F

Forevertrying

If I am honest. No one can diagnose you but your doctor. You know your self. So the fact you are questioning is a sign something isn't right whatever it is. You didn't discuss your feelings emotionally. And that is very important.

There is so many eating disorders from anorexia to orthorexia etc. But you really should talk to your doctor before things escalade beyond control.