Could anyone give any advice?

L

Lilac

Heyho,

could anyone give advice on how to get released from section?

Also I really want to come off meds. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to approach the MH staff with this?

Thanks in anticipation xx

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Hi Lilac

there will be some sort of Advocacy Group who will be able to assist you with this.

the laws are probably all slightly different depending on where you live.

L

Lilac

Hi Lilac

there will be some sort of Advocacy Group who will be able to assist you with this.

the laws are probably all slightly different depending on where you live.
Sadly advocates unable to advise. Can someone advise where else to try please?

Mind and advocates on the dark web from my experience. As well as CQC and PHSO. Also doctor said no one can prove they are well including the doctor herself.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I came off my meds and it consisted of me saying to the doctor, I want to come off the meds, and they said, I think you probably should.

So I did and then they CONGRATULATED me like I'd won a medal or something. :(

I don't know if they have our best interests at heart, I really don't.

I'm sorry Lilac.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Lilac,

They are unlikely to let you off section if you express a desire to stop meds.
If you are in the UK the best way to get off section is to agree you are ill and take the drugs they give you.
Pretend to them they are helping you even if you feel you are not and play the part of the patient ,pretend the drugs are making you better,Then say you feel like your old well self again and ask when you can come go home.

You can ask about coming of the meds when you are home and have been discharged from CMHT.

Aletrantively get yourself a mental health solicitor who can set up a tribunal for you to appeal your section.But that has to be done withing 14 days of the date you were first sectioned on this admission.So I don't know how long you have been in there if you are already too late.

Good luck,I hope you get off it,is it a section 3?

Challenge the decision | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

Sectioning | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

When In Rome

When In Rome

If you are in the UK the best way to get off section is to agree you are ill and take the drugs they give you.
I think this is quite correct. Telling 'professionals' that you aren't what they think you are will only make them more determined.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do you really want out & all that entails?

Play the Game. Use reverse psychology, it works.

You will have to do some acting & lying.

Tell them that you have been dreadfully unwell, but that you needed to behave the ways that you did to deal with what you were experiencing. Say how much they have helped you, how much better you feel, & that you are enjoying it in hospital. Agree with them about the diagnosis & treatment. Practise non-reaction/calm under any circumstances, don't act out in any way. If you maintain that position they're drop you like a hot potato.

When free of the hospital/services then you can look at trying to withdraw from medication & look for alternative help/support - Unfortunately this is where the problems often come in - depending on the degree/severity of the underlying difficulties.

C

Coast2

I told the MH professionals and the lead psychologist that I didn't want to leave hospital as I felt safe and cared for. The lead psychologist rescinded my section 2 to a voluntary admittance and one week later I was discharged from the hospital.

Good luck with giving up the drugs.