Cosmic Pantheism

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Cosmos on Nautilus: Cosmic Pantheism

"Modern cosmology may rule out a personal God, but leaves open a broader conception of divinity.
By Mary-Jane Rubenstein

Aren’t those opposites?” people often ask me, when they discover I study science and religion. As a professor of religious studies, I am particularly drawn to the places where religion and science seem antagonistic, but turn out to be entwined. The multiverse, I would argue, is one of those places. This may come as a surprise, because the multiverse is so often used as an argument against the existence of God."

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Neil Theise, M.D. - Complexity Theory & Panpsychism

Neil Theise, M.D. - Complexity Theory & Panpsychism on Vimeo

Fundamental awareness: A framework for integrating science, philosophy and metaphysics -

Fundamental awareness: A framework for integrating science, philosophy and metaphysics

"The ontologic framework of Fundamental Awareness proposed here assumes that non-dual Awareness is foundational to the universe, not arising from the interactions or structures of higher level phenomena. The framework allows comparison and integration of views from the three investigative domains concerned with understanding the nature of consciousness: science, philosophy, and metaphysics. In this framework, Awareness is the underlying reality, not reducible to anything else."

Last edited:
cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What is “Biopantheism”?

What is "Biopantheism"? | Pantheism.com

"Biopantheism” is an ethics-based, biologically-focused, codification of Pantheism, with a comprehensive ontology that includes a speculative, Pandeistic explanation for the origins of the Universe and a practical, real-world application that involves communion with Nature, ecological awareness, sustainable living, environmentalism, wildlife conservation, animal rights and holistic health.

A unique doctrine, that places its emphasis on science, cosmology, life in the physical world and all things relevant and meaningful to the human condition, with a particular emphasis on living organisms and the evolution of consciousness. By combining Religious Naturalism, Deep Ecology and Biocentric values, together with classical Pantheistic philosophy (Substance Monism) and a poetic, Pagan aesthetic in terms of symbolism and metaphor, “Biopan” represents the quintessential balance between science and religion, as it is both a philosophical/ethical worldview and a modern form of spirituality."

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hold Loosely But Practice Deeply

"First, I’m not sure there is a Creator God. I’m pretty sure there is no Creator God as described by the Abrahamic religions. I call myself a pantheist as well as a polytheist – I see no separation between Creator and Creation. Whatever or however the Universe began, we are part of it. And so is every other being, including the Gods."

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The Greening of the Self: The Most Important Development of Modern Times -

The Greening of the Self: The Most Important Development of Modern Times

By Joanna Macy / filmsforaction.org / Aug 12, 2014

"Something important is happening in our world that you are not going to read about in the newspapers. I consider it the most fascinating and hopeful development of our time, and it is one of the reasons I am so glad to be alive today. It has to do with what is occurring to the notion of the self.

The self is the metaphoric construct of identity and agency, the hypothetical piece of turf on which we construct our strategies for survival, the notion around which we focus our instincts for self-preservation, our needs for self-approval, and the boundaries of our self-interest. Something is shifting here.
Widening our self-interest

The conventional notion of the self with which we have been raised and to which we have been conditioned by mainstream culture is being undermined. What Alan Watts called "the skin-encapsulated ego" and Gregory Bateson referred to as "the epistemological error of Occidental civilization' is being unhinged, peeled off. It is being replaced by wider constructs of identity and self-interest-by what you might call the ecological self or the eco-self, co-extensive with other beings and the life of our planet. It is what I will call "the greening of the self.'"

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
"I have No Right to Call Myself One Who Knows.
I was One Who Seeks, and Still Am, but I No Longer Seek in Stars or in Books; I'm Beginning to Hear the Teachings of My Blood Pulsing Within Me. My Story isn't Pleasant, It's Not Sweet and Harmonious like the Invented Stories; It Tastes of Folly and Bewilderment, of Madness and Dream, like the Life of All People Who No Longer Want to Lie to Themselves."

~ Hermann Hesse (1877-1962).

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently… As if it is the axis on which the earth revolves. Slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.

When you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything. When you touch one moment with deep awareness, you touch all moments."

~Thich Nhat Hanh~

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Looks like an interesting read -

Pandeism: An Anthology
by Knujon Mapson

"Pandeism: An Anthology presents the work of sixteen authors, new and old, examining the implications of the revolutionary evolutionary theological theory of Pandeism - the proposition that the Creator of our Universe created by becoming our Universe, and that this proposition can be demonstrated through the exercise of logic and reason. These authors present a wide range of views originating from their varied experiences, from professional theologians and religious educators to lay philosophers with PhDs in the hard sciences. Collectively, these authors have assembled the most extensive examination of Pandeism put to print in over a hundred years."

Quote from Amazon.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
"We are Life, in human form- descendants of stars and distant galaxies, children of oceans and forests, creative expressions of Nature. As much a part of this planet as the rivers, rocks, trees, mountains and butterflies.

As more and more of us wake up to that deeper sense of identity we will be more easily able to transcend old thought patterns and beliefs. Observing Nature's systems closely, studying her ways, we can begin to delete and re-write and old programming.

To truly bring an end to the destructiveness of humanity, to really transform our world, a deeper collective wisdom must first arise from within..."

~ Christopher Chase