• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Cornwall!! no PD service. Anyone else here?

A

ann

Fantastic. Just after my diagnosis BPD I'm told there's nothing available in Cornwall. Psychologist recommended CAT in my report to add weight to clamour for service. No DBT either. Marvellous.
Apparently there's a pilot in West Cornwall. My CPN is on steering committee to get PD service but they've just been refused funding.
Feel very very let down and dispirited
Great to have diagnosis and perjorative label and then no help.

R

RayJ

Fantastic. Just after my diagnosis BPD I'm told there's nothing available in Cornwall. Psychologist recommended CAT in my report to add weight to clamour for service. No DBT either. Marvellous.
Apparently there's a pilot in West Cornwall. My CPN is on steering committee to get PD service but they've just been refused funding.
Feel very very let down and dispirited
Great to have diagnosis and perjorative label and then no help.
Hello Ann,

I hope you are still on this group.

There is a a project called SeeSaw which does DBT.

I do have a lot of information about the history of bringing DBT to Cornwall, for it was my daughter's condidtion why it came to Cornwall.

Trenna was under Dr. Mcdonald at Gwayntan in Truro..... the proffessionals had run out of idea's and Dr. Mac. asked for my input, he use to be my consultant and Trenna along with me had similar conditions. I did a lot of research and came across DBT and said about it.

Four professionals went to Sheffield and got trained...... I sit on the Exepert Reference Group and Personality disorders is one of the issue on top of the agenda.

If you have been diagnosed with BPD, then you have certain rights...... read the NICE guidelines.

If your consultant is telling you there is no treatment available for you, then contact PALS, Service User Representative Group and LINk in Cornwall.

For links and more information look at my site www.SunCornwall.com

I do have a lot of information regarding BPD also a great site is www.Toddlertime.com

Do hope this helps..... contact me if you so wish.

Also this Thursday 25th November 2010 is a presentation followed by a "Any Question"..... I'm in the chair... there will be other Service users on the panel along with professionals. The venue is Truro Town Hall starts at 11:00am to 2:00pm with a free refreshment break.

regards

Ray J