• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Cops

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

The vast majority of cops are honest, decent, and law-abiding citizens. They won't hurt your pet. Even cops who aren't decent, aren't going to hurt your pet, because there's nothing in it for them to do so. Only if the pet is attacking them, they MIGHT use force against the pet, but I doubt it would be lethal (killing the pet). They most likely will use pepper spray (a non-lethal deterrent) against the pet. You don't have to worry about this situation of a pet and cops.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

no they are harsher on people I think in America
its a kind of a tradition

I've never heard of cops harming anyones pets to be honest Midnights
I think if Tigger was showing affection to them they would laugh or be friendly about it

:hug5:
they have shooty things in america though so whos to say they wouldnt be like "this cat is too close to us" i have heard of them going into peoples gardens over there and shooting the person's dog just cause it was in the garden, it didnt even go anywhere near them :(

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

The vast majority of cops are honest, decent, and law-abiding citizens. They won't hurt your pet. Even cops who aren't decent, aren't going to hurt your pet, because there's nothing in it for them to do so. Only if the pet is attacking them, they MIGHT use force against the pet, but I doubt it would be lethal (killing the pet). They most likely will use pepper spray (a non-lethal deterrent) against the pet. You don't have to worry about this situation of a pet and cops.
one of the cops back when i still had Ebony my angel he came to see a family member and came to mine as well as his and i let them look around my house but said to them to ignore Ebony and the nasty cop cornered her and didnt allow her to get past him at all and she ended up getting so stressed she had a asthma attack from stress and she never completely recovered from him deliberately cornering her (she was already nervous of strange men, plus she had health conditions, which was why i said not to corner her) :sorry:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i cant remember if i already asked this but if anyone here was a cop and a relative of the wanted person said not to corner one pet cause of her health problems, what would you do? :sorry:

Z

Zoe1

I've never heard of police in this country cornering a pet Midnights

you can rule out the American cops
I think things are very different there
they can do pretty much what they like

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I've never heard of police in this country cornering a pet Midnights

you can rule out the American cops
I think things are very different there
they can do pretty much what they like
sadly he did and it was deliberate :(

Z

Zoe1

k but that is not what they normally do

so its unlikely to happen again

and you need to know your rights
regarding allowing them into your home

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

ok so Willow hiding not a reason for them to make her dead, and Tigger cuddling round their legs to be like "hi its lovely to meet you, my name is Tigger whats your name" not going to get used as a death sentence for her?

sorry i cant lose my girlies :sorry:
They are safe.🐱🐱

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Midnight, I looked into it for you. There is not a single news article in Canada, USA or England that I can find regarding cops hurting anyone's cats. Willow and Tigger are safe. You are worried because you love them and are an amazing meowmy to them but you don't need to worry about that, trust Moonlight and everyone else. We are all telling you it will not happen :)

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Do you have a cell phone with a camera Midnight? If you do you could always open a YouTube channel. If any bad person comes around you, Willow or Tiger you can start a live stream. If you tell them they are being live streamed on video it will help a lot. You will never need to but it might give you some peace of mind

:hug:

Beta012

Beta012

I don't think all cops are scary. Sure some can be, but not all. I watch crime tv shows for comfort, I also have read various crime books before, I just like crime things. Most of the ones I have interacted with have been far more concerned with how I'm feeling than the majority of people I talk to, including my parents on some occasions. So, I like them.