• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Cops

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Generally now the first thing most people do when cops approach them is they take out their cell phone and start recording on live stream. It's almost become a normal natural thing to do. Good cops or bad, they all have a life and don't want to end up in prison.. a cop in prison is like a steak in a lion cage. I don't know, I've never had a problem with them, I've had them annoy me but not to the point of brutality or anything like that. But obviously that doesn't go for everyone.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

As for whether or not cops are good or bad people my guess is I’d say it’s about fifty fifty. Many of the cops that are paired up together I have noticed usually have one good cop, one bad cop. You can tell by their behavior. Likely sometimes less, sometimes more.
Yes, some of them have a sickening attitude.. but they really do put up with a lot of b.s from people. I don't know.. they can mouth off and feel superior all they want. As long as they realize they are most likely on the internet for everyone to see, it makes for a good laugh I guess. They really do put up with a lot of mouthy people though so I guess they figure when in Rome. It's mostly the rookie cops that think they are the pillar of society and have something to prove to move up in levels for a pay increase.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

I think if you show then respect they acknowledge that and give respect. If you spit in their face, they won't be happy. I understand it.. if someone spits in my face or mouths off to me I kind of take it personally too. Anyway I am speaking generally.. I know there are subjects about it that I don't want to get into. I am just speaking from personal experiences with them at traffic stops or ride programs, parties when I was a teenager and stuff like that.

F

fragrant_violet

I wish I lived in the UK
I don't 😋

Cops don't hurt pets. Never. They are only interested in hurting people.

UK coppers don't carry guns. But they sometimes use them.

There was probably a time, after the war, when soldiers joined the police force. Many did so because they were good people and had a sense of responsibility towards the community and protecting the weak and vulnerable.

These days, very few of them share those traditional values. The majority are weak individuals who want power. Decent people may join the police but rarely stay long because their colleagues are so awful.

The police are not there to protect the weak and vulnerable. They are only interested in doing as little work as possible and getting as much overtime payments as possible.

They are scum

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Yes, some of them have a sickening attitude.. but they really do put up with a lot of b.s from people. I don't know.. they can mouth off and feel superior all they want. As long as they realize they are most likely on the internet for everyone to see, it makes for a good laugh I guess. They really do put up with a lot of mouthy people though so I guess they figure when in Rome. It's mostly the rookie cops that think they are the pillar of society and have something to prove to move up in levels for a pay increase.
I don't 😋

Cops don't hurt pets. Never. They are only interested in hurting people.

UK coppers don't carry guns. But they sometimes use them.

There was probably a time, after the war, when soldiers joined the police force. Many did so because they were good people and had a sense of responsibility towards the community and protecting the weak and vulnerable.

These days, very few of them share those traditional values. The majority are weak individuals who want power. Decent people may join the police but rarely stay long because their colleagues are so awful.

The police are not there to protect the weak and vulnerable. They are only interested in doing as little work as possible and getting as much overtime payments as possible.

They are scum
It kind of blows my mind they don't carry guns. Not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing.. just strange. Heck, even fish and wildlife services here in Canada carry guns lol

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I have a fear of police I'm always afraid I'll get in trouble and won't be able to afford a lawyer. I've never gotten in trouble but it's a fear I have.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Sorry I was trying not to get flagged

What I trying to say is if cops see a person's pet in the house they are going into I scared they hurt the pet just cause pet is there
Hi midnight, I don't think they can do that unless the pet is attacking them. Please stop worrying, ok?

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Hi midnight, I don't think they can do that unless the pet is attacking them. Please stop worrying, ok?
ok so Willow hiding not a reason for them to make her dead, and Tigger cuddling round their legs to be like "hi its lovely to meet you, my name is Tigger whats your name" not going to get used as a death sentence for her?

sorry i cant lose my girlies :sorry:

L

Laudanum

No, they don't carry guns in the UK. Some cops are trained firearms officers, and have to be allocated weapons for a specific raid, but if they discharge their weapon this triggers an automatic enquiry.

All handguns are banned, and you need a firearms licence for a shotgun.

Z

Zoe1

so in America they might make Tigger be dead for introducing herself to them, Zoe?

no they are harsher on people I think in America
its a kind of a tradition

I've never heard of cops harming anyones pets to be honest Midnights
I think if Tigger was showing affection to them they would laugh or be friendly about it

:hug5: