• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Cops

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Are all cops a scary, regardless of what country they in? Do they hurt and make dead pepoles pets just cause they have something in their hands they can use to make pets be dead?

P

Purpleplum

I don't find cops scary. They're often d*cks, but not scary.

A

Always paranoid

I’ve met cool cops and bad ones, never heard of cops hurting animals though

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Are all cops a scary, regardless of what country they in? Do they hurt and make dead pepoles pets just cause they have something in their hands they can use to make pets be dead?
Maybe with big animals trying to hurt them Midnight but cute kitties are safe and sound. I'm sure lots of cops have furry friends :) even if not all cops do Willow and Tigger have nothing to worry about.

:hug5:

JessisMe

JessisMe

I think cops are scary because they can abuse their power and do whatever they want with you then manipulate the situation to make themselves look good. They always get away with everything this way. Some cops will cause trouble for you just for the fun of it. Other bad cops take pleasure in using abusive language and excessive and unnecessary force. Again they get away with it by manipulating the perception of the situation to put them in the right. That is what makes cops
scary. It is not always their evil but the potential for harm that they all carry with them. It gives the good cops a bad rep by association but it’s best to be wary when you don’t know which you are dealing with. Anything trained to kill and carrying a weapon as the means to do it we should
fear and tread carefully with. xo, j

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

I think cops are scary because they can abuse their power and do whatever they want with you then manipulate the situation to make themselves look good. They always get away with everything this way. Some cops will cause trouble for you just for the fun of it. Other bad cops take pleasure in using abusive language and excessive and unnecessary force. Again they get away with it by manipulating the perception of the situation to put them in the right. That is what makes cops
scary. It is not always their evil but the potential for harm that they all carry with them. It gives the good cops a bad rep by association but it’s best to be wary when you don’t know which you are dealing with. Anything trained to kill and carrying a weapon as the means to do it we should
fear and tread carefully with. xo, j
Maybe before. Today there are cameras everywhere, every stoplight. Every person has a cell phone and most houses and stores have security cameras. With one click of a button you can live stream for anyone to see. Cops are starting to grasp this reality. So are criminals. So is everyone. But to the point.. most places cops have to wear a cam, it shows everything they do. Every cop car has a cam, it shows everything they do.

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

I thought the UK cops where very decent. Most of them don't even carry guns right?

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Maybe before. Today there are cameras everywhere, every stoplight. Every person has a cell phone and most houses and stores have security cameras. With one click of a button you can live stream for anyone to see. Cops are starting to grasp this reality. So are criminals. So is everyone. But to the point.. most places cops have to wear a cam, it shows everything they do. Every cop car has a cam, it shows everything they do.
Thats how it is in Canada and most of USA.. I can't speak for UK because I've never been there. But I assume it's the same.

JessisMe

JessisMe

That doesn’t stop cops from misbehaving, unfortunately.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

That doesn’t stop cops from misbehaving, unfortunately.
Well, it's stopped a lot of them. In the past year there has been more police brought to justice then probably in the past 10 years put together. At least from what I see on the news almost every evening. They are grasping the concept that it's 2021 and not the 1800's anymore. But for the most part most of them are not bad people.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Well, it's stopped a lot of them. In the past year there has been more police brought to justice then probably in the past 10 years put together. At least from what I see on the news almost every evening. They are grasping the concept that it's 2021 and not the 1800's anymore. But for the most part most of them are not bad people.
As for whether or not cops are good or bad people my guess is I’d say it’s about fifty fifty. Many of the cops that are paired up together I have noticed usually have one good cop, one bad cop. You can tell by their behavior. Likely sometimes less, sometimes more.