Coping

L

Lynda63

Hi all. Like so many of us I suffer with depression. Today is one of those days. I lost my Dad in July 17, my brother in Feb 18 and my mum in Mar 19, which pretty much leaves me. What’s left of my family two nieces and a sister in law and they don’t contact me. I just feel nothing is worth fighting for any more. I am on medication, I have had bereavement counselling. I just feel so lost and alone. I have no motivation to do anything. I feel, physically and emotionally drained. I just wondered how others cope on days like this, any help would be appreciated. Thank you for listening.

P

Pink1234

Your family was hit hard in a short period of time so I don’t wonder as to why you feel like you do. Grieving is so individual that I feel the best advice is to give yourself as much time as possible while accepting the help you are getting from the medics.

Talking can help and I have already found this forum to be a friendly, safe and supportive place. I think you are doing the right thing in starting your own thread.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

it takes a while to go through bereavement and you are in the ongoing and early stages at the same time. i am really sorry this has happened to you.

its tough dealing with bereavement as also other major life changes always seem to come along also. and the change of the family dynamic.

also there are bereavement support groups as well as individual counselling

S

sallimae76

First off, let me say I am so sorry for your loss. Please keep the love that they had for you with you. I am alone too. I have been alone my whole life. 43 years old and I have never been in a relationship. No one loves me. My siblings have families of their own. I am always so vacant and I have no interests. I just watch tv. I suffer from severe depression as well. I wish I was different. Wondering why I was made this way. I just want to be normal. Have a job that interests me and family and friends I belong too.

I also hear voices from demons which I wish I didn't have. My life is so pathetic, I just don't understand why this demon has targeted me.

J

Jules5

I can not express how much I feel for your losses. Just seems so sudden. I would not know what this feels like at this time in my life. I am going to see my mum 1000 miles away as she is 83 and has health problems. Right now I feel out of sight out of mind. So I will get to know my mom while she is suffering health problems.

I am so sorry for everything that is happening to you right now. I am sending you lots of love and hugs