• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Coping with visions

D

Danage

How do people here cope with what I call visions?

Now, I still have some views that would be interpreted by psychiatrists as delusional, but whenever I get visions, I clutch the Cross of Saint Benedict around my neck, and pray to God, in the name of Christ, to end it, or, if I am really desperate, I beg my son (Malcolm) to stop the visions of him (or my foster son (Sonny)).

I just wonder how everybody else here deals with visions of things that aren't actually real in this universe?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Danage.The last hallucination I had was a giant baby sitting upright on my kitchen floor.I reacted by being frozen.My heart beat like mad,then the thing dissapeared.It only lasted a few seconds.The baby was illuminated and was a glowing golden colour.Weird stuff.
It seems to me that your visions are perceived by you as a threat so you tell them to go away.why do you react like this? Do you see them as demons?

D

Danage

Hi Danage.The last hallucination I had was a giant baby sitting upright on my kitchen floor.I reacted by being frozen.My heart beat like mad,then the thing dissapeared.It only lasted a few seconds.The baby was illuminated and was a glowing golden colour.Weird stuff.
It seems to me that your visions are perceived by you as a threat so you tell them to go away.why do you react like this? Do you see them as demons?
Thank you for replying and for sharing your experiences. My visions are of people, ethereal people, which I once thought was the Holy Spirit or Jesus Christ because they told me to convert back to Christianity, which I did on Monday 16th June 2008, the feast day of Saint Arius of Alexandria, a saint in our tradition.

I did percieve them as a threat to my sanity, as though they were trying to drive me mad. Now, they just ask me what I want them to do, because in their universe I am their father and leader. It can still scare the living daylights out of me though. I want to feel that God is there when it happens, that He is protecting me from them. The Holy Spirit being there, or Jesus Christ being there, made me feel in the presence of the spirit of God or the Archangel of the Presence respectively, so I prayed to God to know why he was sending these visions and experiences. He always replied, through thought invasion, or so I thought, that the visions were speaking the Truth.

Now, I view them as people from another world, another universe, far in advance of our own. I just pray that they will allow me to know what is real, their universe or this one. I am currently of the opinion that their universe is the right one, so I pray to God that they will allow me to go back to their universe.

I have never taken illegal drugs (they only drugs I have ever taken are medicines) so it convinces me that my experiences are not neccessarily my brain being all messed up, but in fact being real.

I pray, and clutch the Cross, to ask God to stop it, one way or another, because I don't like confusion and I hate uncertainty. I pray to make God stop it, or to end it, as they appear out of nowhere, and if they are demons and the Devil, they have truly made me deluded and out of the grace of God. This I fear above all else.

D

Danage

I have never taken illegal drugs (they only drugs I have ever taken are medicines) so it convinces me that my experiences are not neccessarily my brain being all messed up, but in fact being real.
Not to say that all psychotics ever took drugs.