• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coping With Stress During Lockdown

D

dawnhope20

It looks like we are about to go into another lockdown thanks to covid. I have an awful feeling of dread about it.
Stress levels just go through the roof when you have to stay at home all day and avoid meeting friends and family.

What do you do to try and relieve stress when you are at home all day?

I

Intareseid

Think about the prospect of the lockdown, can you point what specific aspects of it stress you the most?

D

dawnhope20

I think it's the isolation and the loneliness Intareseid

ParxSP

ParxSP

I try to think of the positives. Get online and learn to crochet/ knit/ speak a new language. Go for long walks in the country or by the sea. Most of all smile at everybody, it works.

I

Intareseid

I think it's the isolation and the loneliness Intareseid
That sadly seems inevitable, at least in the physical sense. And while technology is hardly a real replacement for real human contact it can be better than nothing. Perhaps talk to family and friends and make a concerted effort to keep in touch as much as possible? maybe set some movie nights where you all watch the same thing while on call or perhaps set some basic games, anything to keep a sense of community around you. Its also fine to let people know that you fear being lonely, I think (or hope) most will understand.

Also, if you don't already have one consider getting a pet. There's tons of evidence they make about the best replacement for human contact that there is. Well, as long as you're sure you can properly take care of them.

N

natalie

I don't have G.A.D., however, I always do feel positively. Never negative.

I aim to do my workouts along to my fitness dvds when able to do so, and I'll list en to music and knit combined.

D

dawnhope20

Thanks Intareseid, Natalie. Appreciate the advice.

N

natalie

Oh your welcome, dawnhope20.

VanillaChai

VanillaChai

Hello dawnhope20,

Lockdown is definitely difficult for many people.

Here's a list of activities I do to keep me occupied :

Coloring
Going online (gaming, chatting)
Painting
Ukulele
Watching YouTube videos (mostly pour art videos and music)
Exercising
Calling or texting friends

Good luck with everything. I know it's really hard.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

It looks like we are about to go into another lockdown thanks to covid. I have an awful feeling of dread about it.
Stress levels just go through the roof when you have to stay at home all day and avoid meeting friends and family.

What do you do to try and relieve stress when you are at home all day?
The following is a good article on maintaining your mental health during the lockdown. It also has links to tips that you can try to improve your mental health during this stressful time:

Lockdown and your mental health
The above mentioned article is very good.