• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

W

wheat

Truly wonderful advice thank you for sharing this with everyone.

S

Skyblue

Thank you. I panic/breath so shallow my hands and arms go pins and needles. Everywhere does. Nearly always l lose vision.

R

RockyMountainsGirl

I thank you for posting this! It has wonderful advice on how to manage when this happens to us.

I was abused by my family for the first 21 years of my life, it is deeply rooted into my brain. I have almost constant flashbacks. If I am awake, chances are that I am having flashbacks. Once in a while, I can focus on something I am doing but they always break through. I would give anything to completely get rid of them.

Has anyone managed to do that? I have been told that they can lessen but not completely go away.
I know you wrote your note about flashbacks a long time ago, but I just came across it and wanted to say, I, too, have flashbacks, but only occasionally now. They do go away a bit but I am triggered by movies and treatment by others that is similar to what I went through as a child. It's best not to see your abusers.

On top of the flashbacks, I had horrific nightmares, was emotionally unstable, and got incredibly depressed. If you can get some trauma-focused therapy, it will help. I had a horrific childhood.

C

calliope21

I have something to comment at the 3rd idea. Do not practise it if you think you are predisposed to develop psychosis
Hello, what do you mean ? I'm interested ...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Coping. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
S coping Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
Z coping with pain Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
Gajolene Strategies for Coping With Trauma, self help tips, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
I'm Kate Been triggered. Not coping Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 25
M Returning veterans, problems coping Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
N Flashbacks, does it mean they happened? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
E Flashbacks and nightmares increasing after disclosure of past trauma Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Zero One Medicine for flashbacks? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
Zero One Shaking with Flashbacks Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
M Flashbacks and uneasy feelings after hospital operation Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
S Flashbacks! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
S Flashbacks, today so intense, I think I may have connected with the me of long long ago Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
P Has anyone experienced flashbacks and not remember what it is? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Ritual Abuse Survivor TW: flashbacks of extreme ritual abuse Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
Amber1964 Flashbacks and body memories Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
Amber1964 Flashbacks and anxiety Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
M Flashbacks and touch aversion. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
Funnyday Flashbacks Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Lincoln1990 I can't stop having flashbacks Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
A When do the flashbacks stop? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
Lincoln1990 Flashbacks Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
pentagram more flashbacks Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
pentagram Body memory flashbacks Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
L New to forum and struggling with flashbacks/cannot face traumas without pain Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8