• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Coping with depression and long distance relationships.

K

Kate2609

Hey newbie to this!
So for the last few years I've been living with depression except I never wanted to acknowledge it was there so I suppressed it until recently when I completely have a break down. I've been struggling really bad with it lately I'm always in floods of tears and feeling down, over thinking everything.i have anxiety to so my emotions and brain is totally all over the place! I either feel everything or nothing. And it's getting so difficult to cope with the constant switch of emotions at the click of the fingers. I have been with my partner for just under a year and he is in the military so I don't get to see him very much. I absolutely am in love with the guy but I feel like I'm putting to much on him, he is amazing with handling me but I feel like he's eventually going to give up as he has a lot on already as his dad is dying so I really don't want to put this on him, we talk alot and he understands to an extent. My behaviour is getting out of control towards him tho and it breaks my heart as ll the time. I'm constantly thinking that he's cheating on me even tho he is not and I get so upset when he can't talk for a hour or so because he is busy, I am always moody with him or get really upset when he leaves or I cannot see him for a few weeks because our work schedules don't work out. I know that I'm selfish and should be more understanding but I just get so out of control some times that I cannot reset or breath I just flip out and get so paranoid and over think what if he's going off me or I'm not good enough for him. He always tries to reassure me but it never works so my question is how do I cope? I am on the waiting list for Cbt but its a 3 month wait. What do I do? How can I relieve the pressure I'm creating and help to control my self? Any advise or help would be amazing as this isn't the person I am and I never want to be like this I just really don't know how to stop

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Coping with depression Depression Forum 5
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
L Coping with my girlfriend's depression Depression Forum 2
neorealism Depression: coping strategies and ideas needed Depression Forum 1
chazxxx What coping mechanisms do you use? and how do you get out of your depression? Depression Forum 7
H I am really having problems with coping with my depression all I can think about is how bad I feel and how much I don't want to keep going on with my Depression Forum 15
W Hello.....Advise Please on coping with depression, self confidence and social anxiety.... Depression Forum 1
rainbow-warrior Quick coping tools for severe depression Depression Forum 1
Tawny Coping with darker months Depression Forum 119
T Is there a thread of coping mechanisms? Depression Forum 6
B coping with pet loss Depression Forum 18
DistantOcean Coping with suicidal thoughts and feelings Depression Forum 3
M Looking for coping buddies Depression Forum 6
Sadbutgettingbetter Coping mechanisms Depression Forum 3
U Not coping. Depression Forum 12
L Struggling to study (Coping advice needed) Depression Forum 3
L Coping Depression Forum 4
C Suicidal Ideation - Any coping strategies? -Trigger implicit. Depression Forum 31
K Coping with death and everything at the same time Depression Forum 3
H Not coping Depression Forum 7
K Coping with friend's betrayal Depression Forum 1
S Help with Coping Depression Forum 2
L Advice/support? Coping techniques Depression Forum 1
K Coping strategies Depression Forum 1
F Need help coping, mostly just want to talk Depression Forum 1
M Not coping Depression Forum 4
W What am u going through and ways of coping Depression Forum 1
valleygirl Not Coping Depression Forum 13
I not coping at work Depression Forum 2
R Personal coping strategies Depression Forum 3
J Not coping with citalopram withdrawal Depression Forum 9
N Don't feel like I'm coping atm :( Depression Forum 7
P Not coping...... Depression Forum 8
Fairy Lucretia not coping Depression Forum 10
B I can't keep coping with this anymore, I'm all alone Depression Forum 4
P feeling like i am "coping" yet getting urges to self harm? Depression Forum 1
B Shy and not coping with work colleagues!! Depression Forum 13
M Not coping Depression Forum 1
S Tips on coping? Depression Forum 5
T Need to find help for gf visiting from overseas - not coping and talking increasingly about suicide Depression Forum 2
C It's all starting to come to the surface, not coping Depression Forum 5
Toasted Crumpet Coping with low intelligence Depression Forum 51
lostgirl19 Overwhelmed and not coping :( Depression Forum 5
Tropical shaky and not coping too well Depression Forum 2
dodo777 My son and I ,not coping well. Depression Forum 1
M I'm just not coping... Depression Forum 3
C Not coping Depression Forum 10
S Just bad at coping and being resilient? Depression Forum 3
F Hope and Coping on World Suicide Prevention Day Depression Forum 1
mygirl1uk Ways of coping Depression Forum 1