• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

S

sscott

I have to cope with hearing voices as a result of my schizophrenia. Over the years, I have tried many approaches to managing them. I found one method that works brilliantly, and that is to write down exactly quote unquote what they say. This enables you to discredit them and maintain the higher moral ground. Many of my voices have names, human names. So when I am writing down what they are saying, I write down who was saying it. I have made several infographics about coping with auditory verbal hallucinations, that can be found at http://hearingvoices.info. Also, if you write down what they say, you can make a recording and put it on YouTube to help other people.

Kerome

Kerome

How is a database a coping strategy? It seems a bit of a random addition to the thread...

G

Gracey

I feel good laying in bed at home sometimes. Just relaxing. It makes me feel better.

J

Judy31

Hearing disturbing screams

I have recently been hearing screams in my head. Very loud and very real. I suffer from depression but not bipolar or schizophrenia. I have gone through some recent stress but the screaming is making me very aggressive . I have no intentions of harming anyone. I can't imagine living with these voices like you all say you do. What do I do. Distraction is difficult.

P

Positivelypositive

I find it helpful too to actively think silently in (positive) sentences rather than letting ideas or voices come to me as images or implied concepts. I'm not sure if that's an issue for other people. Fully fleshing out thoughts and organizing them into journal entries has done a lot more for me than I expected. Fish Oil seems to help quell erratic thinking patterns for me as well.