• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Coping mechanisms

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
what do other people do to help themselves when they are in crisis state?

My type at the moment is wearing my boyfriend out and I should by shares in Carlesberg.

What do you do?

Still nothing from the tenant. Have given John a letter (with witness) appointing him my representative.

He is not coping well with the amount of sex I need right now. I've known three women in my time who woke up dead bodies when they had had sex. I really am worried. John on all sorts of pills for blood pressure, diabetes etc. And I am getting him every day for as long as he can stand it basically.

There is honesty for you.

cb

A

anastasia

honestly i'm still learning. i'm reteaching myself how to cope with things cos my previous methods are very unhealthy (od's and self harming).

but i found yesterday that if i put my ipod on and headphones in it drowns stuff out for me. it doesn't make it go away but it got me through the day.

and recently discovered that colouring in kids colouring books is keeping me from doing stupid stuff too. it takes time an dconcentration so maybe that's why

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hmmm i'm not sure to be honest. I do find that singing along to my favourite songs helps. When things are getting to the point were i'm loosing control i go and see my g.p and contact my key worker, family also helps. i'm happy to say that i have not self harmed now for a while as i have other ways of releasing the built up tension

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I will try to distract myself by talking to my key worker, going for a walk, listening to music sometimes it helps other times it doesn't I still have a long way to go with learning new coping mechanisms and I still resort to harming myself but i just have to keep trying.

L

lonelyandlost

I think it depends how I am feeling at the time in a crisis...........

If angry is in it I have to go to my room and punch, bite etc a pillow often screaming into too

Other times it is pure distraction such as a relaxation disc

If it is a panic attack I have a tube of kiddies bubbles that I blow, that regulates my breathing.

If S/H I ten to try and get ice or a really tight band to ping on me.

Sometimes I ring Samaritans or my key worker but not often