• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Coping better.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Without the stress of a 9-5 job, and the security of regular benefits, I feel my coping skills are improving.

Recently my sleeping pattern has improved and that is a huge thing for me.

Next step is to do some clearing out of the clutter I have accumulated.

I am also planning on joining a gym to do some light workouts to improve my physical health and well-being.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Well I'd just like to say I've never been more content than now - having ditched my career and with child grown up. No massive responsibilities towards anyone else - no routine I have to adhere to - bliss. But I do share your concerns about health. At my age I could probably be quite healthy if I gave up my bad habits (smoking and drinking) and walked briskly for an hour a day. I know I'm heading to an early grave but can't muster the enthusiasm/commitment to do anything about it :( Any ideas?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Well I'd just like to say I've never been more content than now - having ditched my career and with child grown up. No massive responsibilities towards anyone else - no routine I have to adhere to - bliss. But I do share your concerns about health. At my age I could probably be quite healthy if I gave up my bad habits (smoking and drinking) and walked briskly for an hour a day. I know I'm heading to an early grave but can't muster the enthusiasm/commitment to do anything about it :( Any ideas?
I once read an interview with Daniel Craig in GQ. Seemingly he goes 6 months exercise/ healthy living, and then 6 months on a bender.

I guess it means, that we do what works for us. Small steps.

C

cookiegirl

Without the stress of a 9-5 job, and the security of regular benefits, I feel my coping skills are improving.

Recently my sleeping pattern has improved and that is a huge thing for me.

Next step is to do some clearing out of the clutter I have accumulated.

I am also planning on joining a gym to do some light workouts to improve my physical health and well-being.
It's great to hear positive steps, I need to visit this side of the forum more often.

I think, btw, the key is to do what you're doing, moving forward, adding one small step at a time, that way if there's a small set backwards it won't matter as much. When we're stationary, and stop growing, that's when we start sliding backwards.

I love that you have decided to remove your clutter, and after that join a gym. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Recovery after long term OCD and coping mechanisms Getting Your Life Back! 1
S Resilience, Coping, and Self-Boundaries Getting Your Life Back! 7
K Coping with Thought Broadcasting while recovering from drug and alochol abuse Getting Your Life Back! 3
cpuusage Coping with a Mental Health Crisis by Catherine G. Lucas Getting Your Life Back! 3
raquelmaria15 Coping/Emergency Box -- Great for Recovery Getting Your Life Back! 20
E coping skills Getting Your Life Back! 8
D Coping skills? Getting Your Life Back! 1
bert tomato Coping and feeling good. Getting Your Life Back! 1
B What makes you feel better? Getting Your Life Back! 24
S Deleting social media made my life better Getting Your Life Back! 10
W Maybe procrastination feels better Getting Your Life Back! 1
gt86 Wish there was better times Getting Your Life Back! 1
gt86 Do things get better or worse? Getting Your Life Back! 13
K what books or websites would you recommend if you want to understand people better Getting Your Life Back! 11
R recovery better what does it mean to people Getting Your Life Back! 28
Hello513 Do you believe severe mental illness, like psychosis, can be treated better with therapy, and mental techniques rather than medications. Getting Your Life Back! 4
Screechout Things are getting better (1 year on from my breakdown) Getting Your Life Back! 2
R First steps to a better life? Getting Your Life Back! 5
Macka Recovery made me better equipped to avoid life - reality bites! Getting Your Life Back! 26
M Working to better myself Getting Your Life Back! 5
E How to get better when you don't want to get better...? Getting Your Life Back! 18
L Mixed feelings about feeling better Getting Your Life Back! 1
cpuusage Release the Walls Around Your Heart for Better Health and Happiness Getting Your Life Back! 1
J It's Starting to Get Better Getting Your Life Back! 2
W Hi, I've just joined. Getting to better Getting Your Life Back! 4
LoneKnight Feeling better Getting Your Life Back! 2
SarahD Does anybody ever get better? Getting Your Life Back! 28
Gajolene 20 Signs You’re Doing Better Than You Think You Are Getting Your Life Back! 5
Françoise I thought I was better but then... Getting Your Life Back! 2
N What are your 'getting better' NY resolutions? Getting Your Life Back! 14
W Appointment with NHS due? Better miss it! Getting Your Life Back! 4
Gajolene Progressive Relaxation for Better Sleep Getting Your Life Back! 2
Q Emptiness, but better (BPD help) Getting Your Life Back! 1
amathus 'Could do better'... Getting Your Life Back! 5
K I believe I am now going to be better off Getting Your Life Back! 4
Anime-Alchemy Moving Forward and Getting Better as a Person Getting Your Life Back! 6
L Everyone wants me to get "better" Getting Your Life Back! 9
coldwater00 Medication free at last, and doing much better Getting Your Life Back! 21
R Doing much much better. Feeling positive again Getting Your Life Back! 7
P my plan for WHEN (not if) WHEN ii get better Getting Your Life Back! 1
Brian01 The Long Road for a Better Life, the Highs & the Lows Getting Your Life Back! 187
L Trying to get better! Getting Your Life Back! 6