Coperate Ignorance

S

scrubs1

Hi, I have been sacked by my company because they claim I don't have the capacity to do my job. I counter claim that it is Discrimination. After 20 years and the past 6 years I believe I have been a victim of direct discrimination because of who I am. Reasonable adjustments were made after 2.5 years of hell, and only because I called in Access to Work and Remploy. My point is the worst mistake(my personal opinion) of my life was disclosing my Mental Illness to clueless morons.
Losing my home, my job but on the plus side I am no longer suicidal.
I have the obligatory appeal hearing, contact with Acas, but thankfully I have aquired the help of a Solicitor.
Sorry for bleating on.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hope you win - really I hope you do. I started a new job after disclosing and have got no reasonable adjustments. I guess you are not alone then.

S

scrubs1

If I may add, my line management have bullied and intimidated with comments like:
'if I go on sick in will be your fault'.
'you have made people go on sick because of who you are'.
'work not 100% people are frightened to tell you'.
The doozy by a very senior manager 'you was on sick for 3 days you have wasted the company 3 days work' someone forgot to mention to this person, 2 of those days were annual leave. On and on it went, pretty as much as I have.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

If I may add, my line management have bullied and intimidated with comments like:
'if I go on sick in will be your fault'.
'you have made people go on sick because of who you are'.
'work not 100% people are frightened to tell you'.
The doozy by a very senior manager 'you was on sick for 3 days you have wasted the company 3 days work' someone forgot to mention to this person, 2 of those days were annual leave. On and on it went, pretty as much as I have.
These jokers sound like a bunch of idiots. I hope you get a good payout and find something better to do with your time. Management can be wankers because people are afraid.

S

scrubs1

Hi Thank you for the reply. What I will say if you can, contact outside agencies, Access to work and Remploy are brilliant.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hi Thank you for the reply. What I will say if you can, contact outside agencies, Access to work and Remploy are brilliant.
I will have a look at it for myself. Thanks.

K

KG654

Wow, I'm so sorry! Yes, definitely pursue this discrimination. It is important to guard your heart and mind, and not share these things with especially coworkers or bosses, it can be used against you, as you saw. That is sad, I'm sorry. Also, you will find better employment and be with better people I feel sure. The best time to find new better employment is while you are working so it doesn't come across as desperate or unemployable so next time you find yourself hating where you work, start looking elsewhere before it gets worse. Here's to fresh starts, and justice. =)

K

KG654

Also with all this stress, it might be good to take magnesium and ginseng to calm your mind body and spirit and prevent sticky negative thoughts from taking over. They really help a lot of people!

S

scrubs1

Hi Thank you for that input.
Yesterday I had my appeal hearing and I have been promised a decision today. Pretty quick but I need to move on to the next stage. They have already been served notice by my solicitor for Employment Tribunal, so we will see.
Thanks again for the support.

S

scrubs1

Well just to fill you in. My appeal was rejected on the grounds that the original decision was correct because I said I could not return to the building or the line management that has made my life hell for the past 6 years. Again no Mental Health professionals have had any input. What I find quite bizarre is that they said they looked at Redeployment but could not find any appropriate posts. My question is, if they looked at redeployment am I not entitled to redundancy payment? Who knows? I still have my Solicitor who is overseeing Employment Tribunal.
If anyone has a contact we're I can be involved in Advocacy or Support work in my area, then please send private message because I am sorry to say, I believe discrimination against people with Mental Illness is rife in the workplace , partly from ignorance but also from people who are fully aware of what they are doing. I say this now my employment is finished (I want it to be) and I will be speaking out, before now I could of been in breach etc etc.
Thank you.