Convinced that I bore people - how do I stop thinking this way?!

lilbit

lilbit

I don't know when I started to notice it but I am completely unable to stop now. Whenever I have a face to face conversation with anyone about ANYTHING I am certain that they lose interest after about a minute and that I bore them.

This notion is constantly in my head now so I'm extremely aware of it to the point where I wonder if I'm not fully concentrating on what I'm saying and maybe that's why people get bored? Or do I just go on too much? I just can't tell as I'm also really bad at reading people generally (except for this of course) :low:

Take the last few interviews I've attended - I spend half my time looking for signs that the interviewer is getting bored and then I start to lose track of what I'm saying. Then I waffle and have said so much irrelevant crap that I know I've messed it up. But even before I started doing that, I swear most people yawn when I'm talking to them. Or look away, like they're distracted by something else. Everyone was doing it. Is this normal? Am I not normal? I never seem to know the right things to say about anything and often feel like it's better to just stay quiet and not embarrass myself or bore anymore people.:sorry:

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I think this is a self-esteem/ confidence issue.

It is not your job to entertain people with jokes and witty remarks. You can just be you. Don't worry about it.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Sorry you feel this way. :hug: I guess you can ask them? But I doubt you bore them.