• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

conversations

R

riverofdragons

Not sure whether to put this thread here, or in personality disorders (which i may have) or anxiety or what...but here it is anyway.

Does anyone have trouble making basic everyday conversation? I never know what to say, everything i think of just seems so mundane and not worth the breath! I'm terrible at making friends because of it, and I always feel so lonely.

What do people talk about? There must be something interesting or important to talk about in this world!

silly madam

silly madam

Hi Riverofdragons,

I can empathise with what you are saying.
Because I suffer from Bipolar disorder I go from high to low and vice versa.
When I am on a high I will talk animatedly to everybody whether they want me to or not. :LOL:
However, when I am in a low mood I struggle to talk to anyone however animated they are. I can just about manage to speak let alone hold a conversation.
So

I dont know whether this helps but thought I would venture a post.
:)

R

riverofdragons

at least im not alone :)

thanks

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Yes RiverofDragons but I think that for some people making everyday conversation is difficult irrespective of MH issues. When I am ill I can't talk very much if at all anyway. But even when I am well I often find myself at a loss when I meet someone for the first time, or don't really know them. And exactly as you write I think of something to say and then think that's 'mundane' (a polite and accurate way of putting it :)). This is why social situations are often stressful. In fact I reckon an awful lot of people feel like this but don't reveal the fact!

Nick.