• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

conversations

R

riverofdragons

Not sure whether to put this thread here, or in personality disorders (which i may have) or anxiety or what...but here it is anyway.

Does anyone have trouble making basic everyday conversation? I never know what to say, everything i think of just seems so mundane and not worth the breath! I'm terrible at making friends because of it, and I always feel so lonely.

What do people talk about? There must be something interesting or important to talk about in this world!

silly madam

silly madam

Hi Riverofdragons,

I can empathise with what you are saying.
Because I suffer from Bipolar disorder I go from high to low and vice versa.
When I am on a high I will talk animatedly to everybody whether they want me to or not. :LOL:
However, when I am in a low mood I struggle to talk to anyone however animated they are. I can just about manage to speak let alone hold a conversation.
So

I dont know whether this helps but thought I would venture a post.
:)

R

riverofdragons

at least im not alone :)

thanks

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Yes RiverofDragons but I think that for some people making everyday conversation is difficult irrespective of MH issues. When I am ill I can't talk very much if at all anyway. But even when I am well I often find myself at a loss when I meet someone for the first time, or don't really know them. And exactly as you write I think of something to say and then think that's 'mundane' (a polite and accurate way of putting it :)). This is why social situations are often stressful. In fact I reckon an awful lot of people feel like this but don't reveal the fact!

Nick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Depression Forum 2