• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Conversations affecting speech

A

Axl_T

I sometimes have an incapability to start talking followed by some words I don't intend and I try to fix it. Yes my mom recommended breathing but with my problems she may be thinking something is wrong with me spiritually but I can't deal with spiritual stuff really....I just can't talk properly and it sounds like I have some type of accent. I am hoping it will slow down. My mind usually feels overwhelmed in a way when it happens. I hope it stops for you 🤞

Oh wow this post seems so short but I had so much thought and feelings writing it. Hopefully I'll be better able to convey these in the future. One thing is I am thankful that you took the time to respond to me with your experiences and recommendations. I will try the breathing.

Thanks for sharing, it must be really frustrating and I empathise with that :( . I hope the breathing helps in some way!

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Aah , I thought that maybe the medicine was making you more incoherent perhaps.. I remember when I was taking Seroquel it made me really groggy and my words came out all shitty all tongue tied and lisp like.

Zero One

Zero One

Aah , I thought that maybe the medicine was making you more incoherent perhaps.. I remember when I was taking Seroquel it made me really groggy and my words came out all shitty all tongue tied and lisp like.
Yes that is how I sound sometimes. Lol. I laugh but it's terrible and I don't want to lose my job.

ht46

ht46

It's a symptom of psychosis I use to have it early in my diagnosis, it's listed as a symptom of schiz also saying things that don't make sense. You may require adjustment with your meds.

soul searching

soul searching

I sometimes have an incapability to start talking followed by some words I don't intend and I try to fix it. Yes my mom recommended breathing but with my problems she may be thinking something is wrong with me spiritually but I can't deal with spiritual stuff really....I just can't talk properly and it sounds like I have some type of accent. I am hoping it will slow down. My mind usually feels overwhelmed in a way when it happens. I hope it stops for you 🤞

Oh wow this post seems so short but I had so much thought and feelings writing it. Hopefully I'll be better able to convey these in the future. One thing is I am thankful that you took the time to respond to me with your experiences and recommendations. I will try the breathing.
Sounds similar to a partial seizure. My son has those. they definitely effect his speech.

Zero One

Zero One

Sounds similar to a partial seizure. My son has those. they definitely effect his speech.
Oh my God that I don't even believe in! This sounds scary. I'm going to look it up. My speech has been better without the lorazepam...I ran out again and forgot to go to the pharmacy. But I am clenching my teeth more and having stress until I notice it and take hydroxyzine. I wonder about partial seizures. Today my extremities are experiencing numbness and tingling.

Zero One

Zero One

It's a symptom of psychosis I use to have it early in my diagnosis, it's listed as a symptom of schiz also saying things that don't make sense. You may require adjustment with your meds.
Thanks ht46. I have so many things that come with psychosis and I'm on a lot of medications. Hopefully I will get better someday.

soul searching

soul searching

Oh my God that I don't even believe in! This sounds scary. I'm going to look it up. My speech has been better without the lorazepam...I ran out again and forgot to go to the pharmacy. But I am clenching my teeth more and having stress until I notice it and take hydroxyzine. I wonder about partial seizures. Today my extremities are experiencing numbness and tingling.
[/QUOTThat also could be something else, carple tunnle or the beginnings of neuropathy. I would definitely see a doctor about all of your symptoms.❤